• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Accurate Miniatures/Aero Master SBD 3 or 4 LTD Ed

Ok I've got my Squadron Walk-around on the Dauntless coming along with the replacement engine ... be Here Friday Then I can start some research ... not a lot on the net about operation Torch except the links that Mike sent me which I need to look at when I get to work ... I updated my Google info and Customers are coming out of the woodwork ... now if the on-line store just worked better .... Oh and I caught the Mouse ... Chula finished Him off ... the Job would have been too Big for a Cat :woohoo: ... Sorry Ed ... :hmmm :idonno :ro: :dude

(y) (y) Ya got 'im ay?! :geek Yeah, ol' Psycho useta fight rats as big as he is. Now he's fightiin' squirrels!!

Check my Facebook I put a video of the event ... Right down to the Death Shake ... :bat :bat :bat

he8e2f9d_2015-08-06.jpg

YOu tell 'im T!!! :rotf :rotf :rotf :yipee

Never mind ... this coming from the head de-threader ...

as for the lock box ... I'd have to wait until tomorrow to see if the had Attach locks on the '43 version ... Purdy sure there weren't any zip tie's in '43 ... :pilot

The combination locks were standard on the SBD...maybe they had a contract with the luggage companies :coolio

The combination locks were standard on the SBD...maybe they had a contract with the luggage companies :coolio

Roger that!

Thanks Mike ... I'll be ordering my Squadron Walk around today & Ed's ... Aluminum paint ... Plus the BB-35's(3)have come in gonna hit Me in the Pocket good ... :woohoo: Last week I received this ...

hff55527.JPG

h8029412.JPG

Yes We Have Jugs !!! .... :woohoo: Dad Gum just noticed that says for Hasegawa ... I little detail my Supplier left out ... :bat Oh well maybe it'll work !!!

I Ordered my Eduard PE today ... should be Here in 10 days ... Coming from Jolly "ol ... soon ...

h8234425.gif

I will look into some additional items today .... :woohoo:

This one's under Modeling for competition ... So it must have ever chance to be a Beautiful work of Art ... My research so far hasn't turned up any photos of a dauntless with folded wings so that will be a relief ... I believe I have a corsair in the stash that will have this done to it ... Can't remember it was a Secret Santa Gift From a Forum long & far away from my mind ... at least Here I'm treated like a modeler ... Thanks Guys & Gals ... (y)

Nope-- no folding wings...one of the reasons the Navy eventually replaced her with the uglier Helldiver ;)

Nope-- no folding wings...one of the reasons the Navy eventually replaced her with the uglier Helldiver ;)

Thanks Mike I do Have another Kit ... I'll check tonight to see what I need for that one ... I thank you for the info and the Photos ... Now if my Squadron book would just arrive ... I hope I can make the Hasegawa engine fit into the Accurate Miniature kit ... 35 minutes and counting ... :pilot :pilot :pilot

I can't find it now but there's a couple of shots of a Wildcat in the hanger bay of the Saratoga, you can see SBDs hanging from the rafters, that's one way they solved the storage problem. :drunk

I can't find it now but there's a couple of shots of a Wildcat in the hanger bay of the Saratoga, you can see SBDs hanging from the rafters, that's one way they solved the storage problem. :drunk
Bob, those are actually spare aircraft. The US liked to deck park their aircraft.

Note that the photos posted by Nerdling of the Erickson Air Collection aircraft are of an A-24 Banshee (land based SBD-5). Mexico is one of the countries to use it during WWII and researching this may be fun (I can probably help with putting together decals if you go this route).

Regards,

Some rather important things to switch out if you're doing the Banshee version-- the carrier arrestor gear was removed and the tail wheel was switched from the hard rubber to the pneumatic one...tires on the main gear were different as well.

The carrier SBD did have a cable behind the pilot seat that they used for the hanging....AM includes that in the kit- not sure if Hasagawa does too?

Ok what I meant was that I bought a aftermarket Verlinden motor upgrade ... The kit is a Accurate miniatures ... the engine upgrade is made for the Hasegawa Dauntless kit ... I'm doing the operation Torch version as I like those decals the best ... Right now I need to figure out which parts to use for the torch version ... Sorry for the confusion ... :pilot waiting on my Squadron book ... expect it in on Thursday ... I can start on getting fuse painted on inside ... since this kit has two different fuses ... lots of fore thought on this ... :good:

Sorry for spouting off ;)

You're building the Navy version- probably off the Ranger-- so building it as the directions say would be correct...there was a U.S. Army version of the -2 and -3 which is what Saúl brought up but it was never really used by the U.S. In combat....so carry on Gerry ;)

My fault for the Mis-understanding, when I type stuff I have trouble splaining stuff ... Mike I'll need your help ... (y)

h34f6872.JPG

There are two versions in this kit ... So looks like my Bit bucket will increase ... I'm not doing this one ... :eek:ldguy

h251157f.JPG

This is the one I'm doing ... I do think off the Ranger ... One of Ed's favorites ... :captain

h974c073.JPG

I'll be using the B Fuse ... So the Kit instructions are very clear on what to leave out & what to include ... I really want this one to be the one ... at least to get a little Eagle next year ... :good:

h0375027.JPG

So fuse is clean ready for paint and this first piece seems to fit ...

h8c0097d.JPG

h15a1ec6.JPG

Now after dropping this part on the floor and rolling over it with the chair ...

hcece7eb.JPG

h1b64297.JPG

Going back in too look at it some more .... I see why you folks get so frustrated ... I do have the dropsies ... and the part always lands where I can't see it .... :skipper

Back