• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Academy King Tiger

Thanks Guys! They are a tad dark, I snapped these last night in front of the 'puter as you can tell - have plans to do some work on it this weekend, will post better pics then!

Some better pics, I went super-light on the shipping as this was my 1st attempt. i also added the hatch AFTER I did the fot filter...does it show? :facepalm

SO I have a bit more to do. I have some fo that mud that has grass in it, will use just a small bit of that, plus mud streaks and splatters are yet to come. You can also get a glimpse of my tank commander, which is not well-done. Boy, does he need work!

hced4b51.JPG

h3a575dd.JPG

hc91d96d.JPG

hdb17942.JPG

h12349a4.JPG

hcd484d8.JPG

h2e6e54c.JPG

Thanks! My crummy 'puter only loads a few pics at a time, so it took quite awhile to get these posted! I still have a ways to go, but it is looking very good, and closing in on the finish, IMHO

Beats me why the pics are so pink on the skin, they look better than that. Not a whole lot better...but better

Hi there.

Is this the kit you used? It says "Last production".

h85bf34f.jpg

Also, regarding the COMBAT tracks. Does Academy give you enough roadwheels if you use COMBAT tracks instead of the kit transport tracks? My understanding is that there was an extra roadwheel on the outside ofevery second wheel.

Thanks and cheers.

Hmmmm....I have to check this and come back to you - I will do so today! Maybe, but I do not recall extra roadwheels, as I used the Hobbyboss aftermarket tracks. i may use the kit transport tracks as spares on a ew turret mounting, but did not intend to have may of them on there anyway.

Nearly done on this, BTW!

OH! tat is the kit I usd, and the figures stink. Otherwise I thought it was pretty good.

Got some more done! I have added a LOT of mud splatter, dot filters, pinwash, streaks and the like! Steadily cruising in on the finish line for this one!

h71c21c4.JPG

h6259fe7.JPG

h8d986e6.JPG

h92d463b.JPG

hb71ff9c.JPG

OK so this is where it stands. The figure is not glued to the tank, as I am not satissfied with it yet. But I would like to know two things:

1-whaddaya think?

h19d9f1e.JPG

h59398aa.JPG

2-will tracks added to the turret sides improve or take away from this model at this point?

h63b19bc.JPG

NOTE: PICS ARE HORRIBLE! Sun is down, so I have to wait until the weekend to show it in proper light, but it is veru-very close to finished. I think I may be at that

Academy King Tiger - COMPLETE!

OK I am for now calling this guy done! I decided to not add the track links for now, and I am not satisfied with the guy so will go back and ginve the kit a "Proper" figure when I have one with better detail but for mow this works!

Fun kit, well worth the time!

hef1da8f.JPG

h36a70ba.JPG

h73f6ffb.JPG

hed7c49a.JPG

Will shoot some more pics later, after daylight

Academy King Tiger - COMPLETE!

That's cool, need to make a base to conform to the way the tracks pull. Make it look natural. I'm one to talk about making a base. :bang head

Back