• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

1/700 USCG 110 Ft. Island Class Patrol Boat

hd251de6.JPG

The Mold had a big poofy void in it. Even having pressurized it, it squeaked like a doggie toy. I was getting ready to re-mold this set after having used half of my shiney new RTV materials. I thought, Heck with it, and see what the castings look like. I'm trying to fix it so it's level in the PSI Pot. Old earplugs for the leaking passages. :bang head
hed0030d.JPG

The liquid plastic castings look pretty good! They are bubble/pit free, and the proper shape. One has to take care to pressurize the Pot slowly, so as not to splatter the thin liquid plastic out of the Mold.
:yipee :dance

Sometimes you just need to let off a little pressure.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R6dm9rN6oTs

:laugh:

Keep pouring, Mister!

B)

A momentous evening! :yipee The first time I've ever used all of my RTV Mold stuff, without wasting ANY!
h0da0136.JPG

USCG 110-Footer mold 2.0. In the pressure pot as we speak. I made the light house into 2 sections, for ease of casting, and better quality parts for assembly. I doubled up the 25mm guns and upgraded the sailboat casting. The Cutters were stellar castings from the old mold. The islands & accessories suffered.

h40b4b6a.JPG

Box Top art is ready. I have enough P/E parts to make 6 kits to begin with. I have to send one to the decal maker, and one to my good friend, and supporter, Tim Dike for review.

It's coming along! 1/700 Gaffney SC Peachoids & 1/350 Bigger Boats next!
The Summer of TLAR!!! :yipee :rotf :yipee :rotf :yipee :rotf :idonno

Honored Robert. We all have different gifts. I'm just a poor old Country Boy trying to make an Honest living and share some laughs.

Thank you Sir!

USCG Island Class Cutter / Island / Lighthouse / Cottage Set 2.0. 2nd Mold. Cast tonight @ 48 PSI I tried the light house as a 2-part piece. It might be easier to assemble. This night's casting results were STELLAR!
Lookee!!!

h71e998b.JPG

hf10a302.JPG

h33c47d5.JPG

Working on assembly photos for the instructions. I'm building a casting from the first mold attempt. A #78 drill bit will open up the MK.38's receiver enough to accept the turned brass cannon barrel. NO SEAMS! I'm super pleased with how the 25mm cannon is coming along.
h99999eb.JPG

hc8e5026.JPG

Test fit of the Mainmast. Not absolutely accurate, still almost pretty good! Adding yardarms will give it a better look!
h888db67.JPG

hffa4219.JPG

USCGC Island Class Cutter Chandeleur, and Her island. The set will come with a smaller bonus island, but none of them are the same. This casting came from the first mold. I was bummed it didn't pick up the hatches & life rings any better than it did.
That was enough for tonite! :gogo Thanks for looking in!

Back