• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

1/700 USCG 110 Ft. Island Class Patrol Boat

Making use of My Mentors photos, P/E life rings and superstructure Hatches went on today. The pedestal for the boat crane, and the platforms for the .50 caliber tripod mounts. Headway, Just a bit! :salute
IMG_5538.JPG

I bought a bunch of P/E mast sets, hoping one might work, however, they are too small (and just plain wrong :bang head ) by a half. Live & learn! You can't see it, but my ready ammo lockers were a bit too wide, and I fixed that too! :yipee
IMG_5539.JPG

Thanks for your kind attention! :skipper

With the success of pressure casting/mold making, Ideas surge forth in my poor old addled brain. :gogo :drool
IMG_0137.JPG

For example, If you wanted to build an Island Class Coast Guard Cutter, would it not be cool if it came with an Island?
What self-respecting little island would want to be without a Lighthouse? :idonno
I made the lighthouse out of 1/72 Mk. 46 torpedo, a stray mk. 82 bomb, and a disc of styrene.
Doggone Clown fish! He's everywhere! :frantic

IMG_0158.JPG

Added doors to the Tater Rock Lighthouse. I finally found a piece of P/E that will work for the main mast on the Island Class WPB. It's a 1/350 IJN Carrier boom section. I may have to cut it down some more, but This a major break through for the 1/700 USCG Island Class set!! :yipee :yipee :yipee
All I have to do now is womp up the Mk. 38 25mm Gun pedestal/reciever, (I've got brass gun barrels to include) sand the bottom of the island flat, and I can start the mold!!

I one-upped the Tater Rock Island in the PSI pot as well and added a small beach in the cove. :zen Well, everything I make is small! :bang head

IMG_0162.JPG

The Island! Still wet from grinding out a flat spot for the Lighthouse. Not my best picture. :idonno

IMG_0165.JPG

IMG_0166.JPG

Rough master for the Mk.38 25mm rapid fire cannon pedestal & receiver. Carved up a skywave 20mm pedestal, added blocks of .030 styrene, ground a 21 gram hypo tube, and ran my #78 drill bit through it. The idea is when the castings are made, I guy could drill the receiver to add the turned 1/700 gun barrel that I include in the Kit. A wee tad more shaping is needed. Some guys will build what can be found. I like to make things to build that I lack the ability to continue Life without. :gogo

Oh, and two, this lil' part took HOURS to put together. :bang head

IMG_0170.JPG

A Lightkeepers cottage might be nice, if you have an Island and a lighthouse. Also to be included in the 1/700 waterline USCG Island-Class Cutter set! :yipee

Hey! Laugh at me if you want, :smack but I've sold almost all of the 82-Foot cutter sets I made, and that was before I used pressure to cast the resin parts! :woohoo: :pp :gogo

Thanks for lookin' in!

IMG_0192.JPG

IMG_0193.JPG

IMG_0194.JPG

I'm STOKED! :yipee US Coast Guard Island class 110-footer, 2 islands, 32-foot sailboat/Blockade Runner, 2 RHIB Boats, Lighthouse, and keeper's cottage, blocked, mounted, almost ready for my brand new RTV rubber mold to be mixed and poured. Lock Her in the pressure pot, pump it up, and wait a bit.
Then I have to add the brass 25mm gun barrel, mast, ready M2 .50 calibers and railings (YUP! actually play with one) Build the set, and compose the box art & instructions.

It's looking promising! I'll confess my Model Mojo ran amok this eve/morning.
Thanks for tolerating my Coast Guard-ness! :salute

Running amok is good for the soul, mon. Dat bod feesh still be swimmin' 'roun, mon. B)

E'ver ting be irie, mon. :drinks

The Idea was, and still is, with a small base, and some clear resin, to make a fun 1/700 Diorama from one kit. I lost my mind recently and the madness has overlapped on to TLAR Models projects. The mold is under 40 PSI as we speak.
I cannot tell you Men what it means to me, to have your support and kindness. From the bottom of my Heart.
Thank you all! :notworthy :notworthy

I expect to sell the 1/700 USCG Island Class/Island/Lighthouse/sailboat set for $30.00

Any takers?

IMG_0192.JPG

IMG_0193.JPG

IMG_0194.JPG

I'm STOKED! :yipee US Coast Guard Island class 110-footer, 2 islands, 32-foot sailboat/Blockade Runner, 2 RHIB Boats, Lighthouse, and keeper's cottage, blocked, mounted, almost ready for my brand new RTV rubber mold to be mixed and poured. Lock Her in the pressure pot, pump it up, and wait a bit.
Then I have to add the brass 25mm gun barrel, mast, ready M2 .50 calibers and railings (YUP! actually play with one) Build the set, and compose the box art & instructions.

It's looking promising! I'll confess my Model Mojo ran amok this eve/morning.
Thanks for tolerating my Coast Guard-ness! :salute

That's freakin' SMALL! :drunk

Back