• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

1/700 USCG 110 Ft. Island Class Patrol Boat

20230619_044846.jpg
Proper pilings for the dock. Short bits of .008 wire sunk into the "sea bed". I've also prepared a weather radar (?!?) tower to go along with the meteorological duties a lighthouse keeper be responsible for. Some vegetation and few palm trees may also be included to make the islands look less nekkid. Oh! The beaches are tile grout stuck to Future.

These are the original issue islands and lighthouse from the 2016 molds. A contemporary lighthouse and upgraded islands will be included in the limited re-issue of the TLAR models 1/700 US Coast Guard "Diorama-in-a-Box".

Thanks for looking in! :oldguy::salute::skipper:

20230627_200611.jpg20230627_200513.jpg
Finished Islands on their base. Trees and doppler weather radar populate the bigger island without making it look too crowded, I hope. I nstalled a railing on the lightouse tonight as well. Detailing the crude day-sailer and the weather station's RHI boat coming up. I'm trying to keep true to the contents of the 1/700 Island class WPB kit, but wouldn't it not be fun if the Cutter had a smuggler submarine stopped for a "safety inspection"?
Thanks for looking in!

Back