• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

1/700 Asheville Class Patrol Gunboat

My Invisible Thread was right where I left it. I hunted & hunted. Taa-Daa!! :smack
IMG_4304.JPG

Sooooo, I made a closer to scale whip antenna! :yipee
I need to add the rotating beacon, searchlight, and other bits, but I'm pleased so far. :skipper
IMG_4305.JPG

I wear glasses for everything, but modeling, shooting with my 'Scope, and reading. Curse of the Old Airplane driver! :pilot

You might (or might not) be surprised as to where the hunk of '700 railing you need may have gone too. :frantic :bang head I found the rest of the piece I needed for Defiance' bridge level, and cut 'em up, and stuck 'em on! :gogo
IMG_4313.JPG

The Defender boat got her rotating blue beacon today. :blink My old Minions put their two cents in today as well. :silly:
IMG_4314.JPG

The Defender looks ready for her "Coast Guard" decals. My good Friend, Carl Musselman of http://shop.back-aft.com/
found the perfect sized insignia! :salute
IMG_4315.JPG

The Minions and I played with these 3D printed Mini-figure helmets, just for fun!!
IMG_4312.JPG

A guy's gotta do something while the CA glue sets up!! :drinks

The 2nd smallest "Coast Guard" decals needed microscale decal film, but went on without mishap. Several, repeated drops opf solva-set snuggled them down. With a flat coat mist, The Defender 250 VFFSB will be done! :drunk :eek:ldguy
IMG_4316.JPG

More railings for The USS Defiance! :yipee
IMG_4317.JPG

The next alternative Boat project, is a 1/700 "Nasty" class PTF boat.
IMG_4318.JPG

A study in Bofor's 40 mm. guns. The PTF is the resin-cast kit 40mm. I drilled the recoil jacket, and put a chunk of broken .080 drill bit in it. Defiance's 40mm is a modified Skywave part. There isn't a thing wrong with the resin-cast Guns that come with the boats from PTdockyard. They aren't much fun to clean up, but still........
IMG_4322.JPG

Any thoughts?? :silly:

Waiting to see those Bofor's of course My scale of 350 for the USS Texas would sink your boat, small ones must be really small ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fyWirJjuO5I

A study in Bofor's 40 mm. guns. The PTF is the resin-cast kit 40mm. I drilled the recoil jacket, and put a chunk of broken .080 drill bit in it.

40mm...1:700 scale...that should be .06, totally out of scale! :tomato :tomato :Hiay

All kidding aside, looking great Chris, hats off to you for doing something so freakin' small! :ro:

God Love you guys for being so much fun!! I cain't say how much your fun & kindnesses mean to me!! :notworthy
Pup!! the next GD time I drive all the way South for a Model show, you'ld be best served not to miss it!!
What's the emoticon for "PFFFGHFT!!"? :stinker close, but not noisy enough!! :skipper :pilot :eek:ldguy

Well, then, Gosh Darn it, we should plan some mutual model mischief. I was just pokin' atcha. I don't know when I'll make it back down again.

Well, then, Gosh Darn it, we should plan some mutual model mischief. I was just pokin' atcha. I don't know when I'll make it back down again.

IPMS and AMPS International shows are in SC this year. AMPS is in March, IPMS is in Sept if I'm not mistaken.

MP, AMPS is from April 7-9 and the IPMS Nationals is August 3rd through the 6th. I won't be able to attend either one due to the distance involved; but then I've already determined that I'll never attend an AMPS National due to the time of year they hold it. So when you guys go engage in your modeling mischief, be sure to take lots of photographic evidence and post it! LOL

I did some more railing on USS Defiance. After this, there isn't much I can do, until the mast I think will do, arrives from Japan. :skipper
IMG_4338.JPG

Lt. Cyrus Vance' PT193 came alongside. PT193's name was, no wish to offend anyone, was "The Bitchin' Witch. This is a historical Fact!

Back