• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

AFV CLUB M-40 Conversion to a M-43

Tony lee

Master at Arms
It's going to be slow because i'll be working it in between other projects on the bench. :gogo

I'm going to build the AFV Club M-2/M-115 203mm Howitzer first so I can use it as a yard stick for measurements and locations of the other mods needed in the interior.

I'm off at a snails pace :laugh:
Tony lee

If you think about it Pup what's odd about an old man building an old SPG with a SHORT gun? :hmmm

Tony lee :laugh:

Progress made today by fitting the howitzer in place.

I'll be getting started on scratch building the ammo storage next.
Thanks for coming by the shop.
Tony lee :D

Nice conversion! I'm surprised AFV has not come out with one of these in kit form it would be pretty easy for them to do. Show them how it's done Tony!

Terry (y)

Hi All :Hiay

Right side ammo storage construction underway. Need to make a shell retaining board????that fits over the nose of the projectiles and then do it all over again for the left side. :D

Beautiful day here in the Ozarks
Tony lee :)

Love to see your builds Tony! and some scratchbuilding is never wrong either (y)

This SPG pack some serious punch!
:popcorn
//Mats

40 pounds of powder behind a 200 pound projectile that has a twenty mile range :eek:hmy:
You better hope your position is 25 miles away Mats :D

Thank you sir

Shalom Tony.

That's looking really good.

Master Box has a really nice looking U.S. gun crew in the works.

I really hope AFV Club does am Israeli M-50 SPG really soon.

In the meantime I'll be watching your builds and dreaming.

Cheers from Peter

Projectile retainer in place. There will be a vertical T-bar on the inside center edge that the retainer keys into to hold it in place during travel, LHS has Evergreen stock.

Later

Hi All :Hiay

Right side ammo storage construction underway. Need to make a shell retaining board????that fits over the nose of the projectiles and then do it all over again for the left side. :D

Beautiful day here in the Ozarks

Nice job Tony :soldier

Back