• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

The Spirit

I decided to redo the lady - erm - the front leg.

So here all three

P1040268_1.jpg

now on to the gear bays

Thanks Bob, Christian and Laura

@Bob these two are my my main ref for the main gear
S20.jpg

(Source: B-2 Spirit in Action)

and the rest is creative

and, have a look into the gear bays :sick: :silly: :blink :pinch: :gogo

Just now had the chance to catch up with you Martin, there's real beauty in it's complexity isn't it? You're capturing it like a master, thanks for sharing with us Martin. (y)

Thanks a lot Gentlemen :)

Yesterday evening with a glass of wine I changed my mind. I will not do the the gear graves now. I'll do them, when the two halfes are glued togehter cause after that I'll have to do a massive sandman attack :) So next step will be the cockpit, which will be a lot of fun ....

so, before closing the fourth wall some pics of the entrance

climb in and feel comfortable .....

from the inside:

P1040322_1.jpg

P1040320_1.jpg

from the outside or better from below:

P1040310_1.jpg

P1040311_1.jpg

P1040313_1.jpg

thanks for stepping by

Thanks Sherman :)

... and the saga goes on ....

P1040325_1.jpg

P1040331_1.jpg

and No - I have almost none ref material on this, so this is a pure imaginative dress up.

For those don't knowing Revel Aqua Base, I have used this now for all base coats on this bird and it works great. I does not smell and cleans with window cleaner (or water) - so I can recommend it. I just steered it well and used it without thinner in a 0.5 nozzle air brush.

P1040335_1.jpg

Thanks a lot Laura :)

some more steps on the pit ...

P1040341_1.jpg

P1040343_1.jpg

P1040351_1.jpg

P1040357_1.jpg

P1040358_1.jpg

P1040361_1.jpg

and that what you probably will see

P1040363_1.jpg

crazy i know ...

all that lovely work and that is all one will be able to see later on? :blink

that's close to insanity! (but that's the spirit!)

Thanks a lot Laura :) - well you will see a little more when looking from the side, so not everything was just for nuts :)

Looking awesome. It's quite exciting to see how you go about improving on the kit and the inventive ways you use. (y) (y)
James

Hi Martin ,
very impressive build so far. Great imagination. Unfortunately we don't have Revell paints around these parts.

Cheers, Christian B)

Back