• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

The Spirit

Well I have done several thing on this one, but forgot to take the pics:

- rounded the Inside of the bomb bay, cause it is not just a rectangular hole :)
- drilled the holes for the exhausts - not sure what I will use for the exhausts ...
- started the second intake and sanded the first intake smooth
- glued all tires and rounded them
- glued the legs and prepared them for the add on bits they will get

and I started to expand the cockpit:

P1040127_1.jpg

P1040130_1.jpg

For the cockpit I now have to wait for a book I've ordered in the US, they wrote it will arrive mid FEB.

Thanks a lot :)

Well, Bob, I'm not sure how much one will see, but it sure will look much better this way :) and don't forget about the entrance coming from the underside.

OK, today . well, you all know, I'm crazy, right?

So, what the heck - I'm doing a "How crazy Martin is doing ..." - well what :)

take some 0.5mm lead wire

P1040153.jpg

P1040156.jpg

P1040157.jpg

press them firmly and you have rings

repeat that for other diameters

P1040160.jpg

and now without words

P1040162.jpg

P1040163.jpg

P1040164.jpg

P1040167.jpg

P1040170.jpg

P1040171.jpg

P1040174.jpg

P1040177.jpg

P1040178.jpg

P1040180.jpg

well repeat that four times and you have

P1040183.jpg

yes, 4 exhausts :)

Very very cool. I love seeing the creativity in solving a problem. And most of the stuff is so simple yet so effective, that people don't even think of it till we see it done. Bravo and great work. (y) (y) (y)
James

Yes, James, you are right, It took me almost the complete week to test several ways and ideas none worked. And then while sitting at the bench looking stupid at the bunch of styrene which is the B-2 at the moment, playing with a bottle stopper this idea was born.

Thanks Laura :)

Only a small update on the B-2 tonight

The tires I clamped in the drill to make them a little rounder and to get the grooves

P1040217_1.jpg

She got legs and she knows how to use them :)

P1040213_1.jpg

OK, only the front leg and just in a build up phase but after an hour playing with one leg I just lost the mood ... back on it tomorrow

As I do those pics to control the outcome I thought I could share them too ...

Another 2 hours on the front leg

P1040224_1.jpg

OK some color on this and then we'll see

and the entrance

P1040227_1.jpg

now only the gangway :sick:

dont worry you two :) going this speed it will last for another 367892 updates until year 2525 :laugh:

Back