• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Show us your modelling caves, workshops etc etc

I had posted some photos of my workshop on the old site. Actually, I have two. One in our lower level where I do Figures and Vehicles. It is in an unfinished portion of the lower level so it is not very pretty. As usual, my shops are a permanent mess.

The kits on the shelf on the right are for three specific dioramas. I rarely buy kits when I have no plans for them. Only now and then, something special.

cimg0286.jpg

The kits on the floor on the left are for the current dio, “Logistics” Got a TV, lots of war movies that I listen to as I work!

cimg0287.jpg

Some of those special kits I was referring to.

cimg0289.jpg

Note the “Dora”. I bought that at Mastercon during the Squadron sale! One of these days!

cimg0290.jpg

See, I have all this space, but regardless, I always end up working surrounded by a mess in a 6″ X 6″ area!

cimg0292.jpg

Then, I have another workshop in the Museum building. The reason being, I didn’t have room in the other workshop to get the big dioramas out in one piece. I couldn’t spare any more room in the museum, so, this one I use strictly for the diorama bases, buildings and landscape.

This shows the workbenches, I usually work on several buildings simultaneously. Again, the TV and lots of war movies!

cimg0303.jpg

The far half of the shelves contain my reference books, the near half contain the bins with all my castings of construction parts.

cimg0304.jpg

Various power tools and part of my George Patton picture collection.

cimg0305.jpg

Another angle of the benches. Note the Tiger tank on the wall. Lewis Pruneau made that for me when I first opened Warwinds International, (Later to become VLS). The corsair is from the Miniature World Museum that was in St. Charles, Missouri.

cimg0307.jpg

This shop is located behind the museum in the same building.

Awesome workshops Bob. That is a setup to dream about. I look forward to the Dora diorama of the future. Wish I had the money to buy one when they were released. Way too cool.
James

I think we`d better refer to Bobs modelling area as Catacombs rather than just a cave seeing as its the size of a small European city :D

I agree it is a treat to view his area as it is with all the others who have posted

Keep em coming :)

I'd post a photo of my workspace, but who hasn't seen a coffee table in front of the TV in the living room?
Randy

070.jpg

It is normal that it looks like you throw a hand grenade in it .....

i have no idea why photo bucket makes only small pc´s i editet it twice :S

greets mirko

sabla wrote:
i have no idea why photo bucket makes only small pc´s i editet it twice :S

Hi Mirko,

I'm not sure which link you chose but the bottom of the four choices should show the picture larger.

Hope this helps.

070-1.jpg

The bed is for when my back is hurting and I dont want to keep my wife up, and I can only sit up streight for about an hour then I have to lay down for 15 min, then back to work.

All I got is an old desk in the old detatched garage in my backyard.

Mancave001-1.jpg

This is what Bob Sr. refers to as "ready to have company come over" condition :p . Normally it is almost, but not quite this neat and clean :whistle: .

Gary B)

hi,

This is my place! The pics are from a few months ago after I have repainted the room - that´s why it looks soooo clean and neat!

overall:
geral_1_20091205_1049373294.jpg

desk and my stash:

mesa_2_20091205_1124570360.jpg

Later,

Juliano

G Cooper wrote:
All I got is an old desk in the old detatched garage in my backyard.

Mancave001-1.jpg

This is what Bob Sr. refers to as "ready to have company come over" condition :p . Normally it is almost, but not quite this neat and clean :whistle: .

Gary B)

Hey Gary,

That pic of Patton! I have a numbered copy of that I have had so long, I can't remember who the artist's name was. It is colder than hell out there tonight and as it is in the museum, no way. Who was that artist!

BTW, get real! my "ready to have company come over" pics have never looked that clean and organized! :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

Bob

Back