• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

88mm FLAK 37 mit Behelfslafette

Ok Frank,

You told us;don't hold back....so here I go! :D :

The nailheads in the bench,....amazing,..is it done with paint,
or did you use some kind of wire?

As a suggestion on the woodwork;If your using Humbrol enamels,use khaki drill 72,
with a bit matt black 33 mixed in.
you can dry brush with this mix and a bit white.

A cool effect would be to give it a bit of a green wash,to simulate moss and/or fungus.

But ofcourse this is your build....what ever you do,I think this will be sweet to watch! :)

Groeten,Ron.

@ Ron,

The nailheads in the bench,....amazing,..is it done with paint,
or did you use some kind of wire?

Thanks for noticing, Ron .

They are actually tiny holes pushed in the soft wood to accomodate the 'Archer Fine Transfer' rivetheads. As this is some sort of waterslide decal the bench has to be painted (primed) first.

As a suggestion on the woodwork;If your using Humbrol enamels,use khaki drill 72,
with a bit matt black 33 mixed in.
you can dry brush with this mix and a bit white.

How could I forget about the khaki drill? Maybe too much use of acrilycs over the last years ! Now where's that tiny tin at ???

Thanks for your feedback, Ron

Groetjes, (greets)

Frank

@ sharkmouth

Frank, are those the AFV Club brass shells?

They sure are (AF35095); still have to do some extra detailing by adding the PE bottoms, but they look already nice, don't they?

I the AFV club package there are also some anodized shell cases, they look kind of Field Greenish. I searched the internet for reference but couldn't find any, so I will settle for the brass onces.

Maybe there's someone who can tell something about these anodized cases ???

Greetings,

Frank

@ sharkmouth

Frank, are those the AFV Club brass shells?

They sure are (AF35095); still have to do some extra detailing by adding the PE bottoms, but they look already nice, don't they?

I the AFV club package there are also some anodized shell cases, they look kind of Field Greenish. I searched the internet for reference but couldn't find any, so I will settle for the brass onces.

Frank,

I reviewed that set a while ago and recognized them as one of the best to get. The anodized steel shells did exist and the look matches what I found although a touch too green compared to the collector's pieces.

88rounds.jpg

Regards,

FRANK,

ROCK-OUT Brotha' !! That Ground works looks Bad -AZZ !! I really Dig this !! Lookin Forward to sein some more !!

:popcorn :drinks

Sharkmouth wrote:

The anodized steel shells did exist and the look matches what I found although a touch too green compared to the collector's pieces.

Thank you for the excellent reference! Now I know what it should look like, I may give it try by repainting them. As I can make out in your picture, it's more like a semi gloss grey- greenish tint.

I took the liberty of taking a picture of the AFV shell cases - as to compare them with the real stuff.

Anodized-88-shell-case.jpg

Thanks again for helping me out!

Kind regards,

Frank

Now,that's what I call a good natural color on the planking!!! (y)

I see 'Ziegen Peter' came all the way down from the Alps, to carve his
sweethearts name in it.....or did he take up service in the Wehrmacht? :D

Just love this kind of stuff,Frank!

Groeten,Ron.

Hi Ron,

Now I don't know about 'Ziegen Peter' but Someone, Somewhere sure is missing his Heidi in Summertime ! ;)

Thanks for your kind words. When looking at the pics I notice that the soil on the earth bank looks a little too light, I have to tone it down a little, don't you think ?

Greetings

Frank

I notice that the soil on the earth bank looks a little too light, I have to tone it down a little, don't you think ?

Hi Frank,

Really well done. About the soil, I usually wouldn't know but after coming home from my backyards where I have a stone pile wall retainer, your soil looks perfect. On my retaining wall, the soil is dry and chalky near the stones where it is bare. As it gets closer to the shrubbery, it gets darker as the plants seem to retain the moisture in the ground.

Just don't try to be cute and put some dark overturned soil near a bunny hole!
:lol: B)

Regards,

Hi Saùl,

I guess you're right about the soil ; when I look at it now in broad daylight it looks much better than it did yesterday night under my lamp. When I took the picture I only used the overhead lamp on my desk to light the subject from above and I think the soil was a little overexposed. The soil you describe is just the kind of thing I wanted to depict in the scene so: mission complete !

Thank you for your feedback, it means a lot !

Greetings

Frank

Back