• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

88mm FLAK 37 mit Behelfslafette

Looking good so far, I think my bruv has some photos of an 88 that he took when he was in Berlin once.

As a little side note, in 1986 I was offered a real one but at the time I didn't have the cash to buy it. Shame really because it was dirt cheap (compared to todays prices!)

By finishing the shield the work on the Flak came to an end. The shield provivded with the kit was a pressed steel kind of thing which I didnt't like so I replaced it with the more common looking one from Aber.
Now I'm not a photo etch kind of guy -- PE surely has its limits but ofcourse it also has its benefits and at this point it sure came in very handy !

IMG_0036.jpg

IMG_0019.jpg

Then I kind of snapped the sub-assemblies together to get a final look before painting. As I said before I'm going to keep the gun in sub-assemblies to ease the painting job.

IMG_0042.jpg

IMG_0045.jpg

IMG_0048.jpg

After fiddling around with the gun and an Alpine Miniatures 'German Officer' I decided to display the Flak like this :

IMG_0004.jpg

IMG_0008.jpg

IMG_0016.jpg

Please feel free to comment,

Greetings, Frank.

PS: Don't mind the artwork in the background !!! :S

hey - funky background artwork frank! :pp

great work on the flak, i agree that pe has it's limits but any 88 profits from a pe shield and yours turned out great!

Hi Ron,

The pink things on the Lafette are actually little strips of "Post-It" note I used to represent the tie-downs of the hydraulic (?)

lead.

First I cut them to the right size, shaped them around the lead and the soaked them in cyano. It's the first time I tried this and

I hope it turns out well when painted. I got my inspiration by looking at the blog 'Perspectives in Miniature' by the great Calvin

Tan who uses the same technique for making rifle slings etc.

Thanks again for your kind words.

Greets,

Frank

Hi,Frank.

Thanks for mentioning 'Perspectives in Miniature'
I Googled it....Oh boy, what a great site!!!

I have seen work from Calvin Tan before,but this is truely eye-candy! (y)

Would never had guessed 'post-it'could be used this way! :woohoo:

Greetings,Ron.

Hi to all,

A little update on the groundwork.

The basics are done, now all that's left to do is to make it more realistic; painting the dirt and adding a little puddle on the left side of the base. Maybe give the grass a go, I wiil see about that

The woodwork and the little look out / bench will definitely have to be improved but I don't really now what color to use for a natural, yet worn wood finish. Have to think about that one !

As you can see the camo netting is still wet with white glue.

IMG_0013.jpg

IMG_0007.jpg

IMG_0006.jpg

Overall view:

IMG_0001.jpg

IMG_0019.jpg

Please feel free to comment: if there's something that's not right or you have a proposition or question, don't hold back !!!

Have a nice WE ! ;)

Frank

Back