• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

88mm FLAK 37 mit Behelfslafette

Burton

After serving in the Belgian Army about 30 years ago, last winter, one of my brother in arms and I finaly got together again.
He collects militaria and also has a collection of miniature tanks etc. One thing that he was missing was a Flak 88, so I promised to build him one.
I decided to go for the last Flak release by Dragon: 88mm Flak mit Behelfslafette (6523). Not being familiar with the subject at all, I gathered as much information on the internet as I could, so please feel free to comment !

My first impression on the kit are very positive; aluminium tubes, the photo-etched parts,... are all first class, only thing I decided to replace so far are the chains, they are a little too big. I went for smaller chains from Joefix - Studios (see pictures) and they look more realistic, I think.

I started the build a few weeks ago, so accept my sincere apologies for not posting earlier, but then again, that time I wasn't on this forum yet ! ;)

Enough words...

Flak1.jpg

Flak-2.jpg

Flzk-4.jpg

IMG_0012.jpg

IMG_0024.jpg

flak6.jpg

Greetings,

Frank.

Looking great. Love seeing these guns built up. (y) (y) (y)
PS I moved this to the ground power thread rather than intros.
James

I live in Herne just outside Halle, moved here a year ago from sweden :)
Member of modelbouwclub Halle and me and my girlfriend often go with to the shows, last one was in Tienen a couple of weeks ago, never been to Antwerp though.

Update on the build that's almost finished.

Ground control to Major Tom - A Space Oddity

IMG_0064.JPG

The Behelfslafette is really not nice to look at, it's l more like a spacecraft to me; not the finest example of German WW2 engineering I think!
Just had to detail it with some weld lines and the plastic hydraulic (?) lead was replaced by some metal rod.

Subassemblies
I kind of snapped the rest of the subassemblies together because I wanted to keep them separated to ease the initial paint job of priming and preshading.
IMG_0073.JPG

IMG_0071.JPG

IMG_0070.JPG

IMG_0066.JPG

IMG_0065.JPG

IMG_0068.JPG

Oh, and there is also going to be a shield added! But that's for later.

Have a nice Weekend

Here is Burtons[Franks] work,you will find the text 3 posts above this.
[It would be a shame NOT to show it].

IMG_0064.JPG

IMG_0065.JPG

IMG_0066.JPG

IMG_0068.JPG

IMG_0070.JPG

IMG_0071.JPG

IMG_0073.JPG

You wanted to show us a space oddity?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D67kmFzSh_o&feature=player_detailpage

[just like to help....]

Greetings,Ron.

Thanks for the help and the video, Ron !

When I was building the 'Behelfslafette' I couldn't stop thinking about that song ! :dude

Frank

See Frank,as I told you ;ask and you will be helped! (y)

@Mp:You are very welcome.
As Frank is a native Dutch speaking man,I could comunicate with him very well.
The northern part of Belgium speaks Dutch[sort of].
My English sometimes s*cks I have to admit. :D

Greetings,Ron.

Are you able to show us some new stuff,Frank?

No pressure,I am just a fan...! :mpup

Groeten,Ron.[Greetings,Ron]

Back