• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Wingnuts Gotha

Aswsome build so far have u ever tired ez line it stretches 7000 times it's own size I loved using it on my yamato I know there are several thicknesses u can buy

I am avoiding the easy line as it provides no structural strength at all.

I love easy line and wish they would make a metallic color.

Yes metallic colour would be so awesome learning lots form your build never done wwi aircraft I ordered this kit I can't wait I might order a another wingnut kit cheaper one to start before I attempt something like this lol B)

Lolz, I guess it just happened to come to a rest near the qtip.

Do you find it gives you better grip? :rotf

I know you're going for strength with the mono, my problem with it was I couldn't get one line tight without the other going slack.

I did experience a little bit of the line slack with my albatross build. I used a toothpick and caught one end on fire, blew it out and used the hot end to take out the slack. Had to be extremely careful though or I would be doing that line again.
:bang head

I find using a small soldering iron works well for shrinking lines. It gives a consistent heat that I can move closer or farther away until you get the right amount of heat.

Lolz, I guess it just happened to come to a rest near the qtip.

Do you find it gives you better grip? :rotf

I know you're going for strength with the mono, my problem with it was I couldn't get one line tight without the other going slack.

I did experience a little bit of the line slack with my albatross build. I used a toothpick and caught one end on fire, blew it out and used the hot end to take out the slack. Had to be extremely careful though or I would be doing that line again.
:bang head

I find using a small soldering iron works well for shrinking lines. It gives a consistent heat that I can move closer or farther away until you get the right amount of heat.

Dave, thanks for that tip, never crossed my mind to used my soldering iron for that. Thanks!! (y)

Both wings now done. 2nd one went much faster after I got into a rythem.

Just for grins, I had to set the wings on top, how you feel now pup?

Both wings now done. 2nd one went much faster after I got into a rythem.

Just for grins, I had to set the wings on top, how you feel now pup?

I feel like I appreciate the advancements of internal bracing more and more. :pilot

All I can say is: glad it's you and not me! I am not skilled enough to handle something like that. I'll stick with my small scale stuff that's too small to see.

I really wish WingNuts did a better job with the rigging diagram. Especially on the inner parts of the wings.

A zoom in representation of certain areas would be really nice.

Ditto, leaves a lot to be desired, guess they want you to do the research on that part.

Yup, pretty much.

Gonna try and save a headache for anyone who may build this plane.

Turn buckle goes right into that strut mount on both sides.

This is part number A4 and A5. Do it before you attach the top wing. I will have a pic of the line that runs to it when I get there. :v

Ditto, leaves a lot to be desired, guess they want you to do the research on that part.

You guys have always made these kits sound so nice ...Do you think maybe they don't have any more info ?

Cheers Christian B)

I think they got the full 911 on these aircraft, after all, they are building the real ones. Chris the rigging instructions are there just over simplified and not very detailed. Gets kinda confusing trying to follow blue and red lines on when you're basically only given two views of the aircraft.

Thanks Chuck and Luiz B)

You guys have always made these kits sound so nice ...Do you think maybe they don't have any more info ?

Cheers Christian B)

Don't get me wrong, Wingnuts kits are the best WWI plastic model(that's my humble opinion) but some of the sequence in their instruction will leave you scratching your head.

This is my 2nd kit from them and I struggled both times with the rigging diagram.

Back