• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Wildcat F4F-4 the sequel

moon puppy wrote:
I ain't doing it..no really, the voices are telling me to do it, to move the exhaust and build the intakes... I ain't gonna do it...how much time does those voices expect me to spend on just the engine???? MAKE THEM STOP!! :gogo :gogo

I learned a long time ago that you can not ignore the voices :unsure: . Besides, how difficult can it really be. Just a little work with a dremel to remove Trumpeters silly attempt at what ever it was that they were attempting here. Then just shift the exhaust a little to the left, and finish with a quick and easy scratch build intake manifold made out of large diamater solder.

I really don't see how that could be so difficult :silly: .

Gary B)

voice from the off: "do it! do it! do it! do it! do it! do it! do it!"
a080.gif

ya'll ain't right...I got one of two things I can do. One, order a Vector Engine from Sprue Brothers..already have it in my shopping cart. the other...wait, those voices again...they are saying something to me....

Worth every penny! Good call, Bob- You're really gonna enjoy building and painting it.

Cheers!
chuk

Exhaust would be dependent on the airframe the engine is going in. I hope the Trumpeter manifold will link up with the Vector engine because of the previously mentioned orientation problem Trumpeter has. Frustration season may not be over yet.

Well then give me the Vector Victor, Roger Rodger.

And we don't discuss "orientation". It's still don't ask - don't tell :laugh:

Gary B)

just don't call me Shirley.

got tracking number for the Vector, so we got a vector for the Vector.

moon puppy wrote:
Guess what's on channel 362...huh?

Jive Turkey :laugh:

Oh and if you do a sequel I want all the flashy lights flashing at the same time....shhh shhh

James

moon puppy wrote:
I think this will be the LAST Wildcat for me.

BLASPHEMY!!!!! I have built 9 Wildcats, and I have another dozen or so in the stash. Pretty much anything Grumman. You can never build enough Wildcats.

Now hold on a minute are you sure [ in the earlier engine post pics ] your referencing P/W 1830 86 engines ? , ................ and not the 92 ?

Far from expert here just by looking at an engine.

I"m thinking I need the -86. I may have posted the -92 as a reference to something that would be common between the various models. Like the Pushrod Covers...truth be known I doubt I would be able to ID a -86 from a -92 or the earlier variants.

Ok cool the very involved plumbing on the 2nd ref pic didn't look like the 1830 86 , which was the F4F power plant .

I can't off the cuff id them either but it just looked diff from some pics I have .

Do you need the exhaust plumbing cause your opening the whole front , or can you just show her open from the cowl ?

It may be a differnt variant, do you think the intakes would be much different between these engines? Just sitting here thinking about it I would say the intakes would be more common than the exhaust. Even between the F4F-4 and the FM-1 the exhaust was VERY different, yes there were different engines also but I would think the exhaust would be the plumbing that would be airframe specific more so than the intakes.

Yes it will be needed as everything is going to be open from the front cowl piece back to the firewall. Engine, Accessory Bay, Gear Bay, all opened...there has to be a drug I can take to keep from thinking about doing this stuff...

moon puppy wrote:
there has to be a drug I can take to keep from thinking about doing this stuff...

This one has never failed me. It pretty much prohibits all forms of thinking.

Bacardi151.gif

To achieve the desired result, there are two doses per container.I suggest not taking more than one dose per 24 hours ;)

Gary :whistle:

can anybody please explain to me why i would love to have a b52 now? :blink

and who can provide me with captain morgan, baileys and kaluha now?

Back