• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Westland Whirlwind

I had a bit of time today, so I worked out some of the niggles and gave it another light primmer coat.

Might find more time tomorrow :idonno

Cheers, C. B)

Guess this would be better if I had posted the picture :blush:

Tampa_2017_024a.jpg

Cheers, Christian B)

Thanks for looking in guys :good:

Looking at it now in a single color and all cleaned up , it really has elegant lines .

A big thumbs up (y) for Special Hobby and their great customer support.

Cheers, Christian B)

Hi all . After two weeks of sinus issues and other stuff :sick: I finally made some progress on this one

Here's the first shade roughed in .

Whirly_shade_1_001a.jpg

Whirly_shade_1_002a.jpg

Even though it may not seem like much , it has been a very tricky bird to paint so far . Too many curves that come about too quickly and no good way to handle it. :bang head

Cheers, Christian B)

Looks real nice.

I second the great service from the MPM/Special Hobby guys. I have an old MPM Northrop N-3PB kit that I had lost the vacform canopy to, (darn end flap boxes!) so when I heard they had issued a reworked kit I sent off an e-mail. I got a response that they had my e-mail, and two weeks later a new canopy showed up, injection molded to boot. Kinda makes up for a hassle now and then due to the limited tun nature of the kits.

Hi all . After two weeks of sinus issues and other stuff :sick: I finally made some progress on this one

Here's the first shade roughed in .

Whirly_shade_1_001a.jpg

Whirly_shade_1_002a.jpg

Even though it may not seem like much , it has been a very tricky bird to paint so far . Too many curves that come about too quickly and no good way to handle it. :bang head

Cheers, Christian B)

That's sharp! :pilot

Glad to see someone is making progress, I've spent two days off with no signs of success. Looks swell so far. :ro:

Back