• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

USS TEXAS build.

She's getting taller.
20231210_171750.jpg
20231210_172212.jpg

Awe duuuuuuuuuuude...that is artwork! WAY above my paygrade. In my head I was hearing SHAZAM SHAZAM SHAZAM in Gomer Pyle's voice LOL

OK I'd like to know what those decks are. I'm pretty sure the lower one with the slotted view ports is the main bridge, right? What are the others going up?

OK I'd like to know what those decks are. I'm pretty sure the lower one with the slotted view ports is the main bridge, right? What are the others going up?
The slotted view structure is the armoured conning bridge. Going up from there is the navigation bridge then the flag bridge, and above it the defense platform. On top of the tripod supports is the battery control then the battery lookout. At the top in the round structure is the main battery control. That's what I've gathered anyway, through Google searching.

BTW. A shell exploded on top of the armored conning room, but the un-armored pilot bridge floor above it suffered the damage, killing a crewman. I believe that was the only loss of life aboard the Texas.

The railing around the tripod supports where the ladder is that looks like its going to nowhere is not part of the kit supplied PE parts. Looking at photos of the real ship shows how it is supposed to be. I made it using railing from another kit.
20231216_123906.jpg

Back