• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

The Me-163 diorama quest

Hello again

Sorry I have been so absent from the Forum. Really crazy at work. Almost no time for the bench either.

The Komet is now painted and "decalled". Only weathering missing. Unfortunately These decals I have used (Peddinghaus from Germany) are very thick and the usual microscale decal softener does not seem to work on them. I have to write them and ask which dissolvent they recommend.

In any case, here is the Progress.

Cheers

Alex

h6895029.JPG

h40f506c.JPG

h1896995.JPG

hc3a7fd0.JPG

h24ff4b4.JPG

he8eeb00.JPG

h8e896d3.JPG

Thanks guys and sorry for the late reply.

The third one is ready. Did not turn out as well as I wanted, still have to work on that mottling with a brush. But still ok, I guess.

h4a61b10.JPG

h0306a6b.JPG

hd985bb8.JPG

h08df73e.JPG

hc4fc8f0.JPG

h3643ad6.JPG

hada4dd5.JPG

h82c6fe9.JPG

h1ffd68f.JPG

h81ef219.JPG

Cheers

Alex

This is the beginning of number 4. Since practice makes the master, I would risk to say that this one is going well so far.

This one will be "11"+, assumedly flown by Mano Ziegler, the author of the Book rocket Pilot. Very interesting reading, as I mentioned.

Cheers again

Alex

h8a78cc2.JPG

h8cba5aa.JPG

hbb96f21.JPG

he07ac1c.JPG

h451290a.JPG

h338667d.JPG

h01b56f5.JPG

h0b91d8e.JPG

hed41076.JPG

h5964390.JPG

And, for the "Piece de Résistance", the Diorama Progress. First with only the figures, then with the 3 ready Komets so far. The "grilled" area is where they are supposed to be thanked. Been working on that water effect and puddles for a while.

Hope you like it. Comments and critique always welcome.

Cheers

Alex

h27bb576.JPG

h19c5906.JPG

h30c7c75.JPG

hf359d46.JPG

h0991c6f.JPG

h34b02af.JPG

h9020ee6.JPG

hbbc820d.JPG

h304b700.JPG

hfb5f9f4.JPG

hb7188a4.JPG

A lot of work there Alex . Very busy indeed . :frantic

That poor pilot looks utterly exhausted :soldier

Cheers, Christian B)

That looks fantastic Alex! I'm seeing such tremendous improvement, number 4 cockpit looks far better than your first one!

Great work! I recall reading where they tried various things with these, and one of the oddest was to mount several 50cm mortars on the spine, triggered by a photocell! Pilot would uncover the cell, and fly under a bomber..BANG! multiple 50cm/mm mortar shells are fired upward in to it!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jagdfaust

Thanks guys

Indeed they tried a lot of things at the end of the war. These light-sensible cells were just one of them, whenever the bomber crossed over the darkness would Trigger the rockets. Actually you can see the System and parts of an original one in the Deutsche Museum in Munich, together with an original ME-163. Worth a visit!

Little bit of fast forwarding here, this is the Progress with assembly and painting.

Next week I will tackle a big challenge: an airplane crane made of PE. Wish me luck!

Cheers

Alex

h2585333.JPG

hee0b801.JPG

he0a6882.JPG

Well, let's fast Forward to the end. As usual, it starts great but Ends up shit. The finishing is really a Problem. I will have to work harder in getting any Kind of decent finishing - not sure if it is the brush painting, the weathering, whatever. Very frustrating.

On second thought, maybe I am demanding too much of myself. This is 1/72 and brush painted.... maybe... :hmmm :hmmm :hmmm

Number 5 is already begun, this one will be without PE so that I can test something. Then Nrs. 6 and 7 and then the Diorama is ready.

Cheers

Alex

h9d7cdcd.JPG

h162e189.JPG

hceedfc0.JPG

hd4abc12.JPG

h9a92742.JPG

hfde9e89.JPG

he33d3d1.JPG

Thanks guys

This is how the Diorama is looking so far. 4 already in, 3 to go. Plus the refuelling truck, the crane and the personnel.

Cheers

Alex

hcec5268.JPG

h7ab2cf2.JPG

h1a4af9c.JPG

h2dabbac.JPG

h696516d.JPG

Here would be an interesting little project.

When the Scheuch-Schlepper was not being used as a recovery vehicle they used it as a tow vehicle ( since the ME 163 was now on wheels )

hc05a71b.jpg

Cheers, Christian B)

Hi everyone

Christian, that is a great idea! I do have a lot of spare Scheuch-Schleppern here, since most of them will not fit in the Diorama. I will look in to that!

Here is number V. This will be OOB and with a closed canopy, also with the Pilot ready for take-off.

Cheers

Alex

h944d6e7.JPG

h39bb1c7.JPG

h53d7e49.JPG

h50b494e.JPG

hc9cd7df.JPG

hc031771.JPG

Good start Alex . Rear wheel could use a small touch up.

I have wanted to have a tow vehicle for ages . Some scratch building needed but kits and refferences have been scarce .
Now I have found all those nice pictures :blink Yiiikes, now I need to build one .

Cheers, Christian :)

Back