• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

The Me-163 diorama quest

Hi there

Thanks a lot friends,

Well I had a lot of free time yesterday and I managed to finish the Komet number 2.

I can proudly say that it is, in my opinion, the best model I have ever done (so far). This time things really worked out. It is not perfect yet, but getting there. Indeed less is better. Much less, and much better!

This is the model. Since the Me-163S was a glider (the rocket engine and T-Stoff tank were removed to make place for the instructor) I have added a towing cable.

h86bba90.JPG

hfec8f40.JPG

hea7c6b9.JPG

h774fb71.JPG

h13108e0.JPG

h4e17e51.JPG

This is how it is going to be in the big Diorama, with the Pilot and instructor in their Hazmat-Suit and a mechanic, waiting for the towing aircraft.

h1b587fe.JPG

h74f4224.JPG

h25c05ce.JPG

hc8cc92a.JPG

I am hoping to begin Komet Nr. 3 next week.

I hope you like it.

Happy Easter everyone!

Cheers

Alex

It is such a thrill watching this Thread and seeing you improve right before my eyes. You are getting better by leaps and bounds with all your excellent practice and determination. Each one is better than the one before. Keep up the excellent work Alex!

Hi everyone

Sorry I have been absent but work has been absolutely crazy. I am off next week to a well deserved mini-vacation in Austria and God knows I Need it!

Many, many thanks. I am so glad that you also think I am improving. I think I got the jist of the Thing now.

This is the third one. I am hoping it will be the best one, since I am putting A LOT of PE and Resin Details.

This is the preliminary work. I hope you like it. No PE or weathering yet, just some preliminary painting.

hbba27c0.JPG

h5e47f08.JPG

h3d58fb5.JPG

hdbdcafa.JPG

h15444bf.JPG

h040f51f.JPG

hf82a86b.JPG

heff18e9.JPG

hbcd69c4.JPG

hddb3c11.JPG

And this is a side Project, a Revell Me-262 OOB just to Train the new painting skills.

he132b9c.JPG

h3cfed85.JPG

ha7ad7eb.JPG

h3bc3b46.JPG

See you in a week.

Cheers

Alex

Wow, in only a few short months you have massively improved. What tremendous work you are doing now. Have fun on your mini vacation and keep up the excellent practice!

Hello dear friends,

I hope all are well. I am back from a wonderful week of vacation. I can only recommend Austria if you happen to be nearby.

In any case, time to go back to the bench. Here is the Me-163 Nr. 3 after weathering and Primary assembly. Cockpit with the T-Stoff tank, side Panels including wiring, Panels with MG-108 cannon, wings with the Speed Brakes, elevons and flaps and so on.

Working with the CMK resin and Eduard PE is a challenge. These things are really small... :geek

I am excited to use a new Batch of Vallejo paints I just received. Keep watching, I think this will be a good one.

Sorry the Pictures are a bit blurry, somehow the camera is not working correctly.

Cheers

Alex

h3c13f90.JPG

h7e0a148.JPG

h775b7a4.JPG

h47557d7.JPG

hd80de66.JPG

h4550541.JPG

h5382070.JPG

hcfb20bd.JPG

h45d6d1a.JPG

h87fc436.JPG

h484d5d1.JPG

h02e90b0.JPG

h2eb549f.JPG

h9a62ba1.JPG

Excellent Alex! I have to say you've mastered the washes. I have yet to get that kind of effect there. Looking forward to seeing more.

Thank you so much guys, much appreciated.

Gary, that is not going to happen - I am severely allergic and I have a bad asthma, so any aerosols usually trigger a big crisis. Airbrushes are a no go, at least until I build a house and get Paul's exhaust system installed!

Cheers

Alex

Looking good Alex! (y)

You mentioned that you have Vallejo paints now, are you using a wet pallet yet? It is almost a must have item when brush painting with watr based arylic paints. This is especially true when painting with the thicker paints like Vallejo or Games Workshop acrylics.

Thanks Paul

Indeed I have a wet pallet. This is what allowed me to finally dilute the paints enough to get a better result. Still learning the proportions, as you mentioned some are thicker (like Vallejo) and some thinner (like Hataka). But it is getting there!
Cheers
Alex

Back