• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Terry's M113 "LETS MAKE TRACKS"

Re:Terry's M113

moon puppy wrote:
That's cool Terry! Nice work but I'm slightly disappointed not to see any solder. But that's probably why you got'er done. If I were trying this I would still be burning my fingertips.

Thanks Pup! If super glue is good enough for Poppy Bob it is good enough for me. Besides if I tried solder I would burn the house down. :laugh:

Terry B)

Re:Terry's M113 "LETS MAKE TRACKS' "LAWN CHAIR"

Terry,this chair is great detail for mood and "1960-th" spirit! Typical design of that era!

Re:Terry's M113 "LETS MAKE TRACKS' "LAWN CHAIR"

That is a mighty fine chair you have made Terry :) , Hmmm if I can not make them I might need some :laugh: .

Jenny :kiss:

Demchenko wrote:
Terry,this chair is great detail for mood and "1960-th" spirit! Typical design of that era!

Thanks!! I just noticed some in my references and thought it would make a neat detail that I have not seen used before.

Terry B)

jenny croft wrote:
That is a mighty fine chair you have made Terry :) , Hmmm if I can not make them I might need some :laugh: .

Jenny :kiss:

Thanks Jenny!!!! Well if I made one I might be able to make more ;)

Terry B)

Re:Terry's M113 "LETS MAKE TRACKS' "HATCH FIX"

I looked down on my track last night and what did I find ARRRRG!! the rear roof hatch was wrong. The M113 rear roof hatch has a latch system that opens by pulling a chain. The Tamiya part has this detail molded in, but I found that they put it in the wrong place. It should be on the upper part of the hatch and not next to the hinge.

dsc04108_20100823_1633382169.jpg

The big problem is I had already assembled the hatch to the hull and couldn't remove it without breaking it. I tried to ignor it thinking no one will notice that, but I couldn't stand it so I shaved the detail off sanded it down and made my own in the correct location.
Here's what I have come up with so far.

dsc04146_1_20100825_1824787942.jpg

dsc04145_7_20100825_1914223854.jpg

Still some minor details to add, but pretty much solved the problem.

Terry :whhh

Re:Terry's M113 "LETS MAKE TRACKS' "HATCH FIX"

Good job
I like your extra detail to the lift rings and replacing the molded in tie downs with wire.

Sherman 18 wrote:
Good job
I like your extra detail to the lift rings and replacing the molded in tie downs with wire.

Thanks Sherm! I think little stuff like that adds a little something to the model and are very useful when tying down any stowage on the model.

Terry B)

terry I was just lookin all the way back through your build ..... it is awesome.
They just need to give you the crown on this one ........ I am just gona take my toys and go home now , you have already put the beat down on my little build.LOL (y)

modelguru wrote:
terry I was just lookin all the way back through your build ..... it is awesome.
They just need to give you the crown on this one ........ I am just gona take my toys and go home now , you have already put the beat down on my little build.LOL (y)

MG,

I'm glad you like the build, but you better not quit cause I really like to see other peoples work and yours is really good. So come on crank it up get that glue and paint flying.

Terry B)

moon puppy wrote:
Nice catch Terry, those latches look as though they could work!

Thanks MP!!! Just don't get too close.

Terry ;)

Sweet, Terry
You continue to out-do yourself. It's a real pleasure to watch your build progress.
I began to build Academy's APC yesterday and was pleased to find out that the Bravo-6 driver fits perfectly behind the controls, just chop the handles off and angle them to fit into his hands, which have the handles already molded into them. I've now officially become one of Vlad's disciples. By the way, Academy's version of the hatch roof has the latches molded into the correct position, but there's no tug bar at all, just the latches.
I guess it was an early version of child-proof doors.

Peace and Love,
Randy

DioRandy wrote:
Sweet, Terry
You continue to out-do yourself. It's a real pleasure to watch your build progress.
I began to build Academy's APC yesterday and was pleased to find out that the Bravo-6 driver fits perfectly behind the controls, just chop the handles off and angle them to fit into his hands, which have the handles already molded into them. I've now officially become one of Vlad's disciples. By the way, Academy's version of the hatch roof has the latches molded into the correct position, but there's no tug bar at all, just the latches.
I guess it was an early version of child-proof doors.

Peace and Love,
Randy

Thanks Randy!! It's really nice when figure designers keep in mind that their products need to fit into the models available. As far as that hatch goes sounds like a perfect time to flex those detailing muscles. Go for it Man!!!

Terry B)

Terry
Dont worry my plastic brother , Im not quitin . I dont back away from a good challenging build ....... besides i am learning alot from seeing your work . I have been working out of town all week ... I will be back on the buold this weekend

Back