• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Terry's M113 "LETS MAKE TRACKS"

Re:Terry's M113

Amazing! I have a friend that used to drive these things, and introduced him to this thread.Maybe I can talk him into joining.

Re:Terry's M113 "LETS MAKE TRACKS' UPDATE 4

That would be great!! I could use his help. First hand knowlege is always the best.

Terry B)

Awesome !!! I wanted to make one of those for such a long time now. Love the ACAV version. The weld seams look just like the part ! Very good !

Thanks for sharing Sven

Sven_Frisch wrote:
Awesome !!! I wanted to make one of those for such a long time now. Love the ACAV version. The weld seams look just like the part ! Very good !

Thanks for sharing Sven

Thanks Sven!! I like the ACAV version too, but I wanted to do something early in U.S. envolvment.

Terry B)

Hi Terry, WOW!!!! Love what you've done with this old girl :)

Your attention to detail is cool to see. Your builds are always fun to watch.

Randy

randy_ditton wrote:
Hi Terry, WOW!!!! Love what you've done with this old girl :)

Your attention to detail is cool to see. Your builds are always fun to watch.

Randy

Thanks Randy! I kinda like workin over the old kits. They help me sharpen my scratch building skills. I haven't bought any aftermarket stuff for this build yet. Everything is scratch or out of the junk box. I may get some tracks for her before it's over with.

Terry B)

MrT wrote:
panzerace007 wrote:
T,

Are those Archer decals for the Placards that are on th Inside of th Driver's compartment ?? All th Interior work looks Spot-On !!

Great Job !! :ro:

ERIK

Thanks Erik!! No those are the kit decals. Not bad for 1970!

Terry B)

WOW ! Tamiya put those in there Way back in th day , when I was playing with Star Wars figures & Jammin' out to KISS !! (of course all that happened in '78 )

YOU'VE REALLY made this Girl Sing !! :whistle:

ERIK

panzerace007 wrote:
MrT wrote:
panzerace007 wrote:
T,

Are those Archer decals for the Placards that are on th Inside of th Driver's compartment ?? All th Interior work looks Spot-On !!

Great Job !! :ro:

ERIK

Thanks Erik!! No those are the kit decals. Not bad for 1970!

Terry B)

WOW ! Tamiya put those in there Way back in th day , when I was playing with Star Wars figures & Jammin' out to KISS !! (of course all that happened in '78 )

YOU'VE REALLY made this Girl Sing !! :whistle:

ERIK

Thanks Erik! I don't know about singing, but she beginning to breath a little.

Terry B)

Wow (as usual), Terry! That is VERY cool! My computer doesn't have that much wire in it! :notworthy

Iron Mike wrote:
Wow (as usual), Terry! That is VERY cool! My computer doesn't have that much wire in it! :notworthy

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: Copper wire is great stuff. Thanks Mike!! More to come!

Terry B)

Re:Terry's M113 "LETS MAKE TRACKS' "LAWN CHAIR"

Hi everyone! While looking through my reference pictures I noticed that among the assortment of gear carried by U.S. tankers I saw several "Lawn Chairs" or folding chairs if you like. It struck me while one of my computer drawings was saving that one of those chairs would look good displayed with my M113. So I sketched one up and last night after the kids went to bed I proceeded to try and make one. So hold on here we go.

I started by bending up two U shaped pieces to make the seat and back of the chair.

dsc04132_2_20100825_1173115764.jpg

dsc04133_3_20100825_1994010712.jpg

I then glued these two parts together forming the base of the chair.

dsc04134_4_20100825_1174773667.jpg

dsc04135_5_20100825_1368716738.jpg

Looking through my scrap photo etch I found some pieces that I could make arm rests out of.

dsc04136_6_20100825_1296802651.jpg

dsc04137_7_20100825_1171134959.jpg

The next thing to tackle were the legs. Again I made two U shaped pieces of copper wire.

dsc04138_1_20100825_1399217461.jpg

dsc04139_2_20100825_1413754163.jpg

dsc04140_3_20100825_1789786233.jpg

For seat covering I used blue painters tape.

dsc04141_4_20100825_1803009764.jpg

dsc04142_5_20100825_1083464722.jpg

I really couldn't believe that I pulled it off, it doesn't happen very often, but I think the chair will workout nicely.

dsc04144_6_20100825_2076035661.jpg

Sorry for the little detour more M113 updates later on.

Terry B)

B)

What, no Budweiser can? :laugh:

Nice but....you need more than one chair, a box type radio (to listen to Adrian Cronauer), a case of Bud and a beach umbrella (for them monsoon rains they get down there!

Now that would be so cool! :D

EDIT: that boy in the chair looks like he's about to get fragged by the guys looking at him! :D

Black-Sheep1 wrote:
Nice but....you need more than one chair, a box type radio (to listen to Adrian Cronauer), a case of Bud and a beach umbrella (for them monsoon rains they get down there!

Now that would be so cool! :D

EDIT: that boy in the chair looks like he's about to get fragged by the guys looking at him! :D

Stay tuned!!! :laugh: :laugh:

Terry B)

Terry your build if realy coming along! The chair is SWEET!
I love the welds too.

Sherman 18 wrote:
Terry your build if realy coming along! The chair is SWEET!
I love the welds too.

Thanks Sherman!! I got a little sidetracked doing the chair, but oh well I got a year to finish.

Terry B)

Hey, Terry

Wow! I'm afraid to even take my ACAV out of the box after tracking your project. The chair's awesome and the detail is spectacular.
However, I'm on vacation this week and I've nearly finished the figures. I hope to be posting an update myself real soon.

Peace and Love,

DioRandy

DioRandy wrote:
Hey, Terry

Wow! I'm afraid to even take my ACAV out of the box after tracking your project. The chair's awesome and the detail is spectacular.
However, I'm on vacation this week and I've nearly finished the figures. I hope to be posting an update myself real soon.

Peace and Love,

DioRandy

Thanks Randy!! Enjoy your vacation!! Can't wait to see your update and I'm sure you will do a great job on your ACAV.

Terry ;)

That's cool Terry! Nice work but I'm slightly disappointed not to see any solder. But that's probably why you got'er done. If I were trying this I would still be burning my fingertips.

Back