• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Tamiya LaFarrari 1:24

Hmmm,really difficult to mask matt paint. A coat of Future would probably have helped .
Good luck on the scrapping .

I have some S.M. blades in the mail . Looking forward to trying them out.

You' re really doing a nice job on this Feroomy (y)

Cheers,Christian B)

Nahhh, not a dune buggy, more like one of the later Batmobiles... a Lego Batmobile !!

Ian.

I made a huge mistake trying to do this pearl white. would you believe 10 coats of white primer and its still showing through pink !!

I am going to see if the top coat will colour it but its taken 3 days for the undercoat to dry it was so thick :)

Now i know why if you want a red ferrari you buy it in red plastic and if you want a yellow one they do the same kit in yellow. It is also part down to my inexperience with cars (about nil) if i did another i would go from red plastic to a more solid colour like grey primer then white...

Very complicated shapes to strip TBH. After 10 coats of primer i don't want to add more as i will lose detail.
I'm going to add more coats to the back surface because i think its light shining through that is the problem.
I'm not that bothered, i have learnt something for next time and this will look ok when its done .............i think :)

You could well be right , its so even over all the panels i am going to leave it. With bright red seats its going to reflect red anyway so a pink tinge might work :)

It really is very odd. There is now 15 coats on these parts. 10 primer and 5 top and its sti8ll got a pink tinge.
When you spray the paint the parts go whiter than white but as it dries it goes back to pink. I wonder if the colour is coming out of the plastic and tinting the paint .
Either way its a lesson learnt and i know in future to use a solid colour primer like grey.

I will now add some detail then go for a clear coat and polish the parts..

Keep calm and carry on? :frantic

I might have suggested a light coat of a very light silver (like Tamiya Silver Leaf)back about 9 coats ago, but I've been working and haven't been on here much. I think the silver would have killed the red enough for the white to cover it. :idonno

:drinks

A nice touch with this kit is the glass in the front and back clips in to position so no need to get glue anywhere near it :) You have to paint the inside of the glass round the edges but they give you a masked to do this.

Having decided to give this a black roof i then realised the doors make up half the roof so would have to be sprayed half white half black.

a bit of rubbing compound a polish needed but getting there :)

Back