• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Tamiya Famo Sd Ah 116 trailer and DML Panzer 3

Good show Mike. Keep up the good work.
I know it's a long haul on this one. Three or four complete models actually! whew...
Hang in there.

Cheers,

Bill :good: :good: :good:

Guys ,

Thank you , the build stage is not as good as the painting and weathering stages and the vehicle assembly will certainly come together when we get some paint over all them.

Best
Michael :)

B) :good:
What a great build - fantastic combo and well done on sticking with this project Mike.
The detail you are adding will make this a real eye catching display!

Ian.

Thanks Willem and Ian for your kind words.

Ian,
you may possibly see this up close next year at Sand Down in June .It's been awhile catching up with everyone.
All going good and I get this finished , it's taking a plane trip :drinks :laugh:

Ok overview, Famo completely out of box and we are working on the rear trailer section .
This is where the first part of the four sub assemblies will commence.
Reason : get the driver in situ and we paint and weather this area first
A kit within 4 kits :hmmm

The driver fits close to the pedals ,possibly a little work to do .

Took a quick break and went and applied some Mig Ammo dark and earth washes to the Famo load. A good side burner to play with washes, weathering and highlights .

Nice post, stowage looks great Mike. Sand Down huh, man I wish that would be a day trip for me, would love to see some of our Down Under buds. (y)

Nice build Mike, I'm loving this.

Am I hearing rumours about a meet - MA Aussie Chapter ? We got great friends in Geelong, catching up long overdue so if this is on the horizon, we'll hit the road - 10 hours drive - easy.

Sorry for diverting from the thread Mike - keep up the good work mate (y)

Laurence

Nice post, stowage looks great Mike. Sand Down huh, man I wish that would be a day trip for me, would love to see some of our Down Under buds. (y)

Bob, this would be a one day trip for you - literally. LA to Sydney is 15 hours on the plane, to Melbourne it would be another 1.5-2hrs so go pack some stuff and come down under. :pilot

Laurence

This is shaping-up to be a real 'monster' project. Would love to fly-up and see it (and everybody else) 'in person' aswell, but realistically that isn't going to happen any time soon !!

Ian

Right click and "Save" :D those pics of the drivers section are immensely helpful :D

Really enjoying this build :drinks

Hi Guys,

Thanks for your kind words .Sorry for the late reply I have been head down detailing.

It would be good to catch up with you all in June 2015.

The Melbourne expo is like the national comp for all the states and it's a great venue to go to and catch up .

I was going to do the trailer out of the box until I found Eduard did an etch set to dress the trailer up a bit. Picked this set up from E bay and it was worth every cent . A couple of things will not be needed but overall it helps immensely to detail the trailer .I am not going to cut the drawbar apart. The best thing is the pedals in the cab are addressed , latches, clamps and a few other items will make the trailer look the part .
The drivers feet have been converted by cutting and relocating the feet to a sharper angle and reglueing back in place with Tamiya thin glue.

I sanded down the sink holes inside the cabin. This may not be seen but I was not taking any chances.

Here we have started for the extra work on the main cab of the Famo tools been changed with photo etch .

More to follow .

Thanks
Michael

Looks like a lot of work to be done. Sending some model :zen Mike but I ain't got much to spare :rotf

Guys , thanks for the kind words .

Here is the update.

Ammo primer and German grey was applied to the interior and exterior of the drivers compartment .
the drivers windscreen was pre painted with Humbrol matt 32 grey and the clear plastic windscreen was glued in place with white glue. The windscreen was then covered with Tamiya tape to preserve against overspray from painting the rear trailer assembly .

Humbrol wood was drybrushed on the floor boards with Mig dark wash applied to the recesses .

Evergreen rod and fine wire was used for lighting wire for the lights.

the decal and metal ring from the eduard etch set was used for the speed dial .
To give a bit of sheen to the speed dial I punched out a clear piece of plastic and placed on top of the decal .All held in place with white glue .

More to follow .

Michael

The guy in the back needed to know the speed? I mean how fast could they be going?

Looks great Mike. :soldier

Thanks Bob,

I think the rear unit would have a speed ratio to sit on to stop the trailer swing .

Update

ammo primer

ammo colours

ammo tyre black

Back