• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Tamiya Famo Sd Ah 116 trailer and DML Panzer 3

This is coming together really very nicely, well worth the effort and it looks like a lot of that :good: Any chance of getting a few good pics of the Sd Ah 116 trailers driving compartment :D ? I have the Trumpeter 1/72 kit and this is one area that is very lacking, and no joy on google so far :java
:drinks

This is coming together really very nicely, well worth the effort and it looks like a lot of that :good: Any chance of getting a few good pics of the Sd Ah 116 trailers driving compartment :D ? I have the Trumpeter 1/72 kit and this is one area that is very lacking, and no joy on google so far :java
:drinks
nsmekanik
I have still got the trailer back in the box at present but I will get some shots done and posted .

Thanks guys for the kind words of praise. Your words are my inspiration to continue on with the famo. :v :cheer:

Here are the next round of images .I hope you like them. Did not want to too over the top with the battle damage and there is still a lot more work to do .

Hello again,

Back with a small instalment of images on the etch tools.

It is slow progress , now onto the wiring for the headlights and tail lights and we move closer.

Sorry no fab paint jobs just more plastic and boring brass. :pinch:

Have 3 weeks off and this baby will be done and happy days and onto Famo :soldier :frantic :laugh:

Thanks Guys ,

Bob,
I'll probabley end up using another 20 % of etch .There is not much left now in the way of external brass work to the panzer 3
I had no luck with soldering and just stuck with using the cyno ,all the work shown has been superglued in place .

More images shortly

Thanks nsemkanik :drinks

tonight's viewing

Took a small break from working on the panzer 3 and decided to try my hand in a little assembly painting for the Famo load .
Here is Cromwell Models resin cargo load ,fits perfectly in the back, note it is early stages and more painting ,washes and weathering to the resin load will be required to look the part:thumb:

The painting was a good space saver because it's been awhile with a paint brush in my hands :D

Really piled into the work this weekend and it's full steam ahead .

The Panzer will be built excluding the tools and Mg's. Repair crews stripped them out to be used on other vehicles

Have about 10% of the Panzer 3 to do and then it's onto the beast . :pinch: :v :eek:hmy: :lol: :)

Very nice work so far.

I have the Dragon Wagon in my stash, and would love to pick up the Famo. And now that there is a modern recovery vehicle kit available, I'm thinking about getting that one as well. Kinda starting to see a trend here, haha.

Back