• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

T-90A MBT build

Just a little quick update. Have the suspension and wheels all done and ready for paint. By now you should have heard that I like to build, paint - not so much. Plus I will have to figure out what colors to paint this beast. I like enamels for the base colors and have no clue what to use for the 3 color camo this is supposed to get.

Here ya go:

T-90A-011.jpg

T-90A-012.jpg

T-90A-013.jpg

Not only does this kit have articulated track but the suspension works (yeah, sort of) There were 6 round parts that go in the hull for the shock absorbers. Lucky for me I cleaned the outside of them off real nice and smooth. As it was I had to lightly shave the holes in the lower hull and then just pressed them in - no glue. (they were quite TIGHT) Would not have worked at all if I had not cleaned them down.

Also the the connector needed some rework to get it to stay together. All is good now.

Will be back when I have more.

This is the set I use for most of my modern Russian builds.
http://shop.lastcavalry.com/ammo-of-mig-modern-russian-camo-colors/

Ammo_of_Mig_Modern_Russian_Camo_Colors__37468.1387382931.440.320.png

James

Thanks James, unfortunately I prefer enamels for the base colors and that is starting to become the rub. I have never liked acrylics for the base, but love to use them for all the weathering and detail stuff.

Paul it looks great. I don't know why you don't like the painting, especially since you're so good at it, but I think the best way to get past that hurdle is to just jump right over it. Looking forward to seeing more.

Thanks for looking in Gerry and Mark.

I think it is the prep time and at this time of year the cold still creeps in though I have a decent painting set up.

Just a quick note that I have not put this up on the shelf yet, just been focusing on the Arizona build. That and I hit my "paint wall".

Doing paint work always tends to put the pause to my building process. That an this is a Russian tank with new paint colors that I have not taken the time to try and match up yet.

Last thing is that I am ditching P bucket. Tired of having to fight to upload pics and half the time they don't upload or they don't link and show correctly. Not an issue as I have everything that is uploaded, but having to rebuild the photo list to a new site will take a little time. Luckily my photo names for builds and such are a basic name and numeric. MA's editing will make fixing the older posts easy. :good: Other sites (the few that will matter) not so easy. :bang head

Their loss unless they contact me. :pp

Been holding off on going to the Local Hobby Shop for the last couple of months. Been putting all my cash to paying off debts. My general credit card hit the $0 mark for the first time in about 10 years finally a couple of weeks ago. Next debt is the remaining $1800 I owe on my computer that "hopefully" I can pay off this next week and be debt free. It won't cost me if I can't quite get it this next week as it is a no interest until Nov, but I just want to get-r-dun!

Then I will make a hobby shop run for paint colors and fight the temptation on kit purchases. There are about a dozen 1/32 aircraft I want to obtain, but it looks like it will be time to bite the bullet and purchase the house I have been living in for the last couple of years. Always something. :facepalm At least this is a fully positive move for a change.

Girlfriend_vs_no_Girlfriend.jpg

Been holding off on going to the Local Hobby Shop for the last couple of months. Been putting all my cash to paying off debts. My general credit card hit the $0 mark for the first time in about 10 years finally a couple of weeks ago. Next debt is the remaining $1800 I owe on my computer that "hopefully" I can pay off this next week and be debt free. It won't cost me if I can't quite get it this next week as it is a no interest until Nov, but I just want to get-r-dun!

Then I will make a hobby shop run for paint colors and fight the temptation on kit purchases. There are about a dozen 1/32 aircraft I want to obtain, but it looks like it will be time to bite the bullet and purchase the house I have been living in for the last couple of years. Always something. :facepalm At least this is a fully positive move for a change.

Girlfriend_vs_no_Girlfriend.jpg

:rotf. :rotf. :rotf

Amen to that!!!! Whether it be girlfriend or wife. It's still the same result!

Tim

Well I went ahead and drove over to the local hobby shop today. Bought only 2 bottles of paint for this beastie, so maybe sometime this next week I will give it some paint.

See I can get out of the hobby shop for less than $10. :D

I just bought the T-90 with the dozen blade during the Meng sale at Sprue Brothers, I will be watching closely! Your off too great start.

:popcorn

I pulled this back off my "Later" shelf last week. I started with gluing the 80 some odd rubber pad parts to each of the 2 track sections. Over the weekend the engine was assembled and the upper hull had parts assembled, added and glued together.

Last night, I actually painted! Sprayed some Alclad flat black and grey primers on the engine, engine compartment, tracks and some outside parts of the hull.

I debated about why mess with the engine compartment because the cover hides about 98% of it when closed. Then I looked further through the instructions and the cover is hinged. It can be opened to reveal a nicely done engine, so am building and detailing up the engine compartment.

Yes, there are a few photos that will be posted soon. So far the parts fit has been excellent even though some of the assembly is a bit fiddely. Been busy building and not photoslopping. ;)

Tonight I am going to sit down with the Vallejo conversion charts and see what paint colors I have that will match and then I will head to the hobby shop tomarrow for the remainder. I like acrylics for detailing and weathering over enamels. Don't trust working with just acrylics. Personal preference has always been enamels for the base color with acrylics over that.

I too have this model with the dozer blade. not sure how I am going to build it or even when, so yeah, looking forward to this too.

Back