• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Soviet T-64 MOD 1972 1/35 WIP Detail Work

Soviet T-64 MOD 1972 1/35 Trumpeter WIP Hull

Now that your building armor. Welcome to the dirt side and now you can be a uppity up. lol

Well I'm a Texan, Folks poke fun at us more than any other peoples, So I'm kinda like the old Baptist preacher, Hide & watch, I may step on some of ya'lls toes, but all in good fun. :rotf

Thanks Piet, so far it's a walk in the park, not too many seam lines, must be clean, Sure is getting Dark in here, now for some dirt. :soldier

"Uppity Up's"

You're not really going to paint it with that shade green are you. That is so last year.

:rotf

I said that to get a response out of the Armor guy's, seems this modeling genre is hard to break into, seems as if it worked. Like I said I hope to one day be as good as the Masters. :woohoo: :soldier :ro: :dude

That's some plum-purty work there

Sorry about these being links. here at work, they limit band width (Commie-plot, I say.....)

http://www.battletanks.com/images/t64_25_Chobitok.jpg?vm=r

http://paper-replika.com/images/stories/instructions/Military/T64B/t64b_mbt_papercraft_content_1.jpg

http://i1189.photobucket.com/albums/z423/Hornetluvr/T-64BV/4930A433-3D3C-414B-BBF4-A8B6CA4B49C4.jpg

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/bc/ae/80/bcae80753ccb31b8551512dbe0ac03f7.jpg

Godless Commies :rotf Thanks For the Pics, I hadn't searched for photos or researched very much, busy time at the shop lots on My plate. :v

Thanks for the Help folks, I did just a small bit this morning, there was a Honey-Dew problem that had to be taken care of.

h94a51b9.JPG

h2606ba8.JPG

h8575874.JPG

I cemented the back drive on, and installed the front plate looking forward to getting home, and finishing the other side.

Cheers - Gerry

I got big toes . step on em all you want. Armor can be tough to break into. Alot of people are tight lipped about what they do. All the armor guys on here are very open and friendly. Terry is good tony is good. Hopefully mine will look like theirs one day.l too will answer any question and help. We all have our different ways of doing things. Once again welcome to the dirt side. Remember as long as we all build and tease each other we are having fun and making friends

Thanks, I feel the same way but when you type something, it's not always read the way it was typed, I want a Big Eagle also, So I must learn from the ones who know.

I've pick up lots from being here, Thanks Jeff & James for your interest, in my Project, going to get to some PE tonight, so the Gator's grip will come in handy. :soldier :woohoo: (y)

Hi Gerry,

You are off to a great start :dude :dude The wheels look great.

Randy

Thanks Randy, that really means a lot to Me coming from you. I will try to carry on, and make this the best T-64 ever. I snipped the other side of suspension, and I just need to de-seam them and install same, Once again thanks. I was looking for some extra dress up items, Haven't really settled on anything yet, any suggestion from Ya'll would be appreciated. :salute

Looking good so far Gerry! I hadn't known this had started already. I have a couple models to do for this campaign as well. Welcome to the Dark Side, I've been here awhile, but I'm still not as good as you have been so far. Then again, I only build the small stuff.

If you're looking for some extra "dress up" bits; I suggest getting your stowage from Value Gear. He's got the best I've seen to date. Be sure to get the most generic sets since this is a Cold War tank.

Looking forwards to seeing more.

Tbanks Mark your input is much welcomed, but as for saying my work is better than yours, those trumpeter kits just make you look good. No my friend I've seen you progress by leaps and bounds, I can't even see the stuff you work on. :captain :skipper :captain

Update

h4358a5c.JPG

hafed267.JPG

h5acdb11.JPG

hc18c9ab.JPG

I installed all the torsion Bars & shocks on the Port side, (I did Starboard yesterday)

hee4aa8b.JPG

h18aff8d.JPG

Both drive wheels on

h4f1d40b.JPG

h81f1d74.JPG

Not sure yet what these are for, but they're there

h003c6d4.JPG

h6abf79c.JPG

These are on one side, going to install the idler wheels, and some other little parts, and this step 1 will be finished.

C&C Welcome - Cheers Gerry

WOW GREAT WORK!!!! :drinks

BTW, that thing that you do not know the name of, but there? It is called a "Thingy" (technical term)

In all sort-of seriousness, I think it is there to prevent every other wheel from 'bottoming out' in rough going, remember, this was the first Soviet tank to have these much smaller wheels, which I think were hollow as well. By having only every other one so supported, it is possible to still allow some suspension travel in even extreme conditions.

Anyhow, that is my .02 Could be dead-wrong

Thanks Mark your input is much welcomed, but as for saying my work is better than yours, those trumpeter kits just make you look good. No my friend I've seen you progress by leaps and bounds, I can't even see the stuff you work on. :captain :skipper :captain

That's why I build in this small scale! Nobody can see my tiny mistakes! :woohoo: :woohoo: :rotf :dance

The new progress looks great; very clean work Gerry. Another possible explanation for those "thingys" is that they are also mudscrapers keeping the wheels from getting gummed up when traveling through soft terrain. Russian winters being what they are; they would know well how effective "Colonel Mud" can be.

Thanks brb, sounds good to me, I was thinking maybe where you put the cable for a tow. I have some archer Fine transfer welding beads, I'm thinking about adding around the bottom. I just got un busy for a bit, So I'll add some more Updates

h6a2d68c.JPG

I assembled the front Idler/guide Sprocket wheel mount, not glued yet, there is a piece of PE I have to add.

hd7798b6.JPG

We have the rest of the idler wheels on

h0c9005a.JPG

hee20658.JPG

Now we come to these pieces, next photos show how they I hope I can figure it out, more PE to bend and place, the destructions are kind of vague, is read the text in photos & offer help, as I'm not seeing the bent plastic piece in the last photo, unless they just left it off.

heb0d262.JPG

hb519487.JPG

C&C Welcome - Gerry

Back