• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Sharkman's 1/72 Kawanishi H6K4-L Mavis (Hasegawa)

Thanks guys!

Now for an update on my feeble attempts!

Got the floats assembled and started to rig them. I've been working on the outer wing sections...

canopy in place

and tail glass (not looking forward to masking these!)

wing fully assembled

Getting there! Might have it done by next Tuesday!! (the wing is not glued on yet, just resting there)

Crunch time!

We'll see how far I get in the next couple days! Put some time in this weekend on little PITA things!

Masking! Got rid of the observation bubble on the main canopy as per the ref photo.

The back glass in the ref photo only went down half way.

the 4 engines are now wired and secured to the main wing

I also drilled out the carb hole and replaced with a small piece of cylindrical sprue

Body painted 1st coat

engines got a coat

and the wing!

Crunch time!

We'll see how far I get in the next couple days! Put some time in this weekend on little PITA things!

Masking! Got rid of the observation bubble on the main canopy as per the ref photo.

The back glass in the ref photo only went down half way.

the 4 engines are now wired and secured to the main wing

I also drilled out the carb hole and replaced with a small piece of cylindrical sprue

Body painted 1st coat

engines got a coat

and the wing!

Zoom baby! :dude :pilot

Trying for it but not sure I'm going to make it on time. We'll see!

Got some pre-shading done and painted the undersides. Man, this thing sucks up a lot of paint!

Painted the arse end of the fuselage,

getting closer to looking the part!

Well, it's 22:30 here and there's no way I'll get this finished tonight. Probably need about another week to complete it.

I'll finish it though! At least I got one completed!

:drinks

Well, it's 22:30 here and there's no way I'll get this finished tonight. Probably need about another week to complete it.

I'll finish it though! At least I got one completed!

:drinks

Good job so far Warren. Sorry you'll miss the deadline this evening. Keep posting here, the forum will be here for a little bit yet.

Back