• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Sharkman's 1/72 Kawanishi H6K4-L Mavis (Hasegawa)

Thanks all!

The first round of filling and sanding is done on the fuse but I didn't quite fill the holes so on to round two!

started to get to work on the pit too. As I mentioned, I read that the cockpit was supposed to have a central walkway though it lower than the flight deck so I removed the central section.

for the control column, I actually reversed the control wheels and glued a small piece of cylindrical sprue behind each one. If you follow the directions, the wheels end up being too close to the column

with some added sprue and some left over PE parts, we get a fixed up starboard side

and port

will just have to add some belts and a lower floor and a few other things now.

Go Warren (y) We so could use a book on this beast :(

Cheers, Christian B)

H6K5_Mavis_cutaway_illust-ART-1.jpg

There you go...

Go Warren (y) We so could use a book on this beast :(

Cheers, Christian B)

H6K5_Mavis_cutaway_illust-ART-1.jpg

There you go...

Thanks Christian!

I know! Was looking to see if there was a Maru Mechanic on this beast. That is the image I found before. Looks like all thr charting and radio work was done down below the pilots.

Mine won't be 100% accurate, but should pass. Kinda wish I had grinded those generic 1/72 seats down to something more representative though....

Update on the Mavis!!

testing the setup

added some braces for the pilots level

painted

Should be able to button up the fuselage soon!

Thanks guys!

Still trying to fit some time in. Got the fuse together!

had to use some heavy equipment to drill out some windows for the H6K4 version

they will need a little more cleaning up

and worked on fixing the seams, testing the upper wing and started to assemble the rear tail planes

Thanks everyone!

Sorry I've been away for the last month or so. Busy with work and family stuff!

Got two models to try and finish this month, this one and the '48 scale Defiant!

Did some more work on the wing (this must have been huge)

and added some throttle controls to the canopy and started to wire up the engines

Back