• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Samoknaya Ustanokova (Rus. "Self-Propelled Gun")

I only ate one cream filled chocolate bunny Ron.

One more BIG gun on the bench. The 1995 DML#6047 ISU-122S
001-62.jpg

Hang on there's still two more to go.
Tony lee :dance

After I get the SU-76i and the SU-85 I think that will be it for the Russian series James.

It's been fun but i've had enough green to last me awhile for sure. :laugh:

Tony lee

Tamiya SU-85

001-63.jpg

I almost got this one built today. The aluminum barrel was left over from the DML 85/100.
It didn't fit but old redneck engineering found a way. :laugh:

Are you enjoying the weekend folks? :dance
Tony lee

Managed to find one did you? It really changes everything about the Panzer III. How is the conversion kit Tony? Looks like it goes together well, but you make everything look simple to build. Any issues?
James

Yep James No problems. Instead of grinding off the casting block and choking on the resin dust I just cut out the top of the hull to fit around it.
If things look gappy it's because nothing is glued in place yet.

I'll get this one built and then it's paint and finish all a round for a Family Portrait. :dance

Take care buddy
Tony lee :)

Which conversion is this Tony? Also is it rough to the touch? It looks kind of stony on my screen. This look like an interesting one to try. Also does it have to be a Panzer III J as in a one of or were there others? Lastly who's is it? I'm going to guess German. I know I should research it, myself, just a bit lazy today. Thanks in advance.
James

James these were built from PzIII chassis (tanks and stugs) mostly captured at Stalingrad.
From the fall of 1943 to early 1944 about 1200 were produced. After they became obsolete they were used for training.

Aires makes the resin conversion that i'm using but two or three others made one as well.
Hauler makes a 1/48th set too.

The mantlet is textured but the rest is pretty smooth. It looks like granite because Aires used some sort of filler in the resin.

I watched E-Bay and ask around until I found one.

Take it easy and you're Welcome
Tony lee

Back