• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

RENAULT FT-17

Looks great. My Father has a 1910 EMF and that thing just leaks oil everywhere, just as an FYI.

Terry the engine is looking great!

The big question is WTfiddle is a 1910 EMF?

It's a engine from the same period.

h7f7ff98.jpg

I am on the phone with Dad now, and he said the oil is most likely a splash system, without a recovery system, from your model photos I see exposed valve lifters, the car photo appears like a later engine as the lifters are covered.

That car also has what appears to be an AACA jr and sr first prize winner(one of the plaques on the radiator grill), so I bet that is NOT a driver - it probably has its own enclosed trailer used to move the car to shows and such.

I would add lots and lots of oil drips splashes and the like.

1909_touring_steinman.jpg

This is Dad's EMF

An article about him:

http://www.hemmings.com/magazine/hsx/2010/07/From-Post-to-Pebble/3476751.html

I am on the phone with Dad now, and he said the oil is most likely a splash system, without a recovery system, from your model photos I see exposed valve lifters, the car photo appears like a later engine as the lifters are covered.

That car also has what appears to be an AACA jr and sr first prize winner(one of the plaques on the radiator grill), so I bet that is NOT a driver - it probably has its own enclosed trailer used to move the car to shows and such.

I would add lots and lots of oil drips splashes and the like.

The resemblance is very strong.

The exposed lifters would be enough of a mess in itself. Thanks for sharing the info . Interesting little read that I was not familiar with :good:

Beautiful car by the way even if it never gets driven .

Cheers, Christian B)

Well before applying the correct amount of leaking oil I thought it prudent to add the ignition wiring....

DSC04783~0.JPG

DSC04784.JPG

DSC04785~0.JPG

DSC04786~0.JPG

DSC04787~0.JPG

DSC04788~0.JPG

B)

The engine is assembled. I trust I have made a suitable start in making it oily and dirty.

DSC04794~0.JPG

DSC04795~0.JPG

DSC04796~0.JPG

DSC04797~0.JPG

DSC04798~0.JPG

DSC04799~0.JPG

DSC04800~0.JPG

DSC04802~0.JPG

DSC04803~0.JPG

B)

Back