• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

"PATCHED UP PANTHER""UPDATE #11""THE END"

Re: "PATCHES" A BERLIN DEFENDER

Thanks Guys!!! The figure is a old veteran. He has rode in several models so he is perfect to make the last ride into Berlin.

;)

Re: "PATCHES" A BERLIN DEFENDER

Cool. I have one of these in the stash. Bet Joes new Tiger crew would look good in this as well (y) (y)
James

Re: "PATCHES" A BERLIN DEFENDER"UPDATE #1"

Thanks James! Ok since our last visit I have added the turret details and done some preliminary painting and washing. I think you will begin to see why I'm calling this build "Patches". Here are some pictures of where I'm at right now. Thanks for looking and comments are welcome.

Terry B)

DSC05424.JPG

DSC05425.JPG

DSC05427.JPG

DSC05428.JPG

DSC05429.JPG

DSC05430.JPG

DSC05431.JPG

DSC05440.JPG

DSC05441.JPG

DSC05443.JPG

DSC05442.JPG

B)

I'm liking where you're headed, Terry! (y)

You can always use my motto, "Semper Gumby", or Always Flexible! :laugh:

Re: "PATCHES" A BERLIN DEFENDER"UPDATE #2"

Well I did some work on the turret yesterday in between yard and garden work. I have added some decals and done some weathering and chipping. The turret is close to being done, but I still need to add machine gun mount to the cupola and some shop marks to the tank barrel. Here are some pictures of the progress so far. Thanks for looking and comments are welcome.

Terry B)

DSC05444.JPG

DSC05445.JPG

DSC05446.JPG

DSC05447.JPG

DSC05448.JPG

DSC05450.JPG

B)

Lookin Good Terry(y)

Balein wire and chewing gum,get em back in the fight.
Tony lee

I especially like the numbers over numbers, nice touch! Herr kommander might be a little warm in his parka, late spring ya know?

T ,

Great lookin Panther !! I love th weld beads on th Cupola !! Great eye for Detail !! I Dig th fact that it's a replacement Turret ? & Genius on the "over painted" Turret Numbers !!

What color scheme are ya' going for on th rest of th Kitty ? Dark Green base coat ? If I may ... :idonno

I've always loved this camo scheme -

GermanArmyrealpaintJagdPantherlate_2.jpg

PantherLateGArdenne.jpg

This is not My Panther .. just to give an overall ..... Juat My $.02 (USD) :D

I'll be lookin' out for this one !! Fantastic Start !!! "Panther VOR !! "

I like it. My one critique would be the rust stains though. They seem a bit heavy, especially for the length of time in service these would have.
James

I especially like the numbers over numbers, nice touch! Herr kommander might be a little warm in his parka, late spring ya know?

Thanks Mike!! He is just my stock figure. I am on the lookout for a new one.

Terry B)

T ,

Great lookin Panther !! I love th weld beads on th Cupola !! Great eye for Detail !! I Dig th fact that it's a replacement Turret ? & Genius on the "over painted" Turret Numbers !!

What color scheme are ya' going for on th rest of th Kitty ? Dark Green base coat ? If I may ... :idonno

I've always loved this camo scheme -

GermanArmyrealpaintJagdPantherlate_2.jpg

PantherLateGArdenne.jpg

This is not My Panther .. just to give an overall ..... Juat My $.02 (USD) :D

I'll be lookin' out for this one !! Fantastic Start !!! "Panther VOR !! "

Thanks Erik!! If I told you what's going to happen next it ruin the suprise. :eek:hyeah

Terry ;)

I like it. My one critique would be the rust stains though. They seem a bit heavy, especially for the length of time in service these would have.
James

Thanks James!!! Normally I would agree with you, but by this stage of the war(early 1945) many German tanks were made of salvaged and repaired parts. I have pictures of salvage parts stored in the open, in factories with roofs missing, falling victim to the weather. So I thought that a some heavier weathering might come into play. My idea is to depict a tank that might have been pieced together and thrown into the battle of Berlin where time was in short supply. Naturally I don't know if what I'm doing really happened, but I thought it might be neat idea to try. Sorry for the long winded answer, but I thought I should explain what my intent is. Thank you for looking and I value yours and everyone else's thoughts.

Terry :D

Sounds plausible to me. I have a picture my nephew took of the first capture landing on the USS George Bush, pretty cool to see the jet hitting the deck with no other skid marks, but the thing that struck me was the rust that was visible on the railing he was leaning over. This is a brand new US Navy ship out on it's first trials and it's already rusting??

I think it looks great.

Back