• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

PART 6 COMPLETED BUILD Mk7c/41 U-Boat Diorama 1945 [Revell #05045 - 1/72]

I've heard of being "frozen rock solid", but never metal solid. Man the North Atlantic must be way cold :D
This is getting better and better as hard as that may be to believe. Just Outstanding :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy (y) (y) (y) (y) (y)
James

Ian, this is simply superb,
when finished this will be an epic piece !

I always look forward to seeing your work as it inspires me as you seem to put motion and action and busyness into what ever you are portraying !!

For that you get 5 Im not worthy smilies :lol:

:notworthy :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy

:blush:
I have been very slow of late , so I apologise MA'ers...............

A small update.

I added some hinge detail to the folding gun shield, it looked a bit 'barren' even for 1/72.
The bar looks off horizontal in the pics but it's not - just an optical illusion from the camera.
Very basic but looks better when you are'ntveiwing it in HD Macro.
37jpg_zpsc15c7082.jpg

Added paint and some subtle rust. More detail to come on this as I lost and broke the swivel and elevation wheels so I will have to get a 1/72 flak gun kit.

Also did some more on the 2 20mm doubles. Still thinking about the flash suppressors - probably use the ones from the flak kit that I purchase.

20mm_zpsd3b56519.jpg

See you again soon.
Brokeneagle

:)
Thanks James, MP, chuck, Mr T and Iron Mike - I think you guys have become my regulars. (y)

I have also ordered the wooden base from BASE 44 (Highly recommended local guy) - he always does a great job -my 17cm bases were from his workshop.
So now I am on the final run - more shots soon.

Ian.

Awesome.

In case you haven't done the explosion or the water geyser yet I dug up this link for you from a You Tube PT-109 diorama tutorial.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kQVp_ibAi5w

I hope it helps.

Cheers

:)
Hello, finally finished my U-boat.

Dio called
; THE LAST PATROL: NORTH ATLANTIC 1945

Here is a teaser until my wooden base is completed by BASE 44.

posterbampw_zps742fd14b.jpg

Back