• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

P-47s en mass.

Vallejo Chrome just ain't much more than silver. I don't see much use of it. I didn't like the Xtreeme stuff myself, just didn't have the depth I look for. Did you have a primer down for the black base?

I used some Alclad Micro Filler and shot it as a base for the aluminum. So far so good as it doesn't look too awful bad.

I am hoping that everything goes well here. I assembled the wings and filled some gaps but nothing outrageous. I figured it would be time to start the engine and try the .30 wire for the ignition wires. all went well but there are some wire connectors that are missing so I guess Ill have a go at winging those.

I laid some silly putty in a bottle cap to hold the gear box/wire loom in place while I glued the wires on and it seemed to work the trick. I shot the engine aluminum and sludge washed it and I think it looks OK to me.

Looks good Paul! I am seeing some improvement in your build quality my friend! Definitely doing something the right way and the Silly Putty holder for the loom is a good thing. Be aware as I think Silly Putty can leave some slight oily film so be careful and be sure the surfaces you will be giving the aluminum treatment are clean to start with. Better safe than sorry.

Wow Paul,

You've got a great start on that Jug! It also brings back memories! If memory serves, I built the bubble canopy version way back in the late 1960s! Yours sure looks a lot better than mine did! Great job!

(y) (y) (y) (y) (y) (y) (y) (y)

Bob

Since tomorrow is going to be a busy day, mowing starting at 7:00 am, I wanted to get a bit farther along on this. Today I shot the wings and control surfaces. wings were shot with aluminum and the control surfaces with duraluminum.

White primer for the cowl so I could lay down the red for the front and a spot on the underside that remained aluminum. The bad part of the whole ordeal was when I removed the masking from the inside of the cowl about 15 of the ignition wires fell out but since you really cant see them all that much I am not too worried.

The landing gear and the canopy were next.

then I did the anti-glare for the rear and the front of the plane.

Hmmm, that engine's gonna have a bad miss if you ever start it up!

But the airplane will look good. :eek:ldguy

I did some weathering with some Vallejo and a Faber Castel PITT pen. I just ran the tip of the pen on the panel lines and all the service covers as well as the rivets and then brushed away the excess with my finger. I shot dome dull coat over the whole model and I got sort of a mixed effect that I cant tell if I like the result of but I think the next NMF job I do will be some what different.

The national insignia is from the kit and the rest are from the Kits-World set. The pin up stands a little proud but everything else seems to settle in fairly well. I glued the cowl and the wings on forgetting that there are gaps in the wing underneath but I think I can those filled in and covered with out too much fuss.

Tomorrow is airbrush cleaning day and mow the back yard day. I have to do the latter in the cool of the morning so I don't go keel up.

Back