• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Out Of Box Poll

h8a307e3.jpg

I respect all of you with the ability to do so!

Regards,

What if you bought a kit from an individual and it had Friul tracks,RB barrel and a big PE set in the box???

Tony lee

Only if it came from the manufacture with those things. I got a Tamiya Tiger that came with Friuls, even marked on the box from Tamiya, that would be allowed. But if Mike loaded up a box of goodies and sold it to you, that would not be considered OOB for our needs.

Well then, could I interest you in a nice Smart Kit?

MrHaney1.jpg

Wasn't me........this time. B)

For some reason, a post was made here that I saw in my E-mail Inbox, but did not read completely, as I clicked the link to see it here on the Forums. Instead, I got a message that said: "You do not have access to these Forums" or words to that effect. So, I refreshed the page, and got the Thread. When I went to the Thread, the post I was supposed to go to from the E-mail is not here.

I know this is off-topic, but I thought it important to bring up. I'd hate to miss any important posts because "I do not have access to this page".

I think i join in on this one, i have this gun....

h9af95cc_2014-02-16.JPG

It has enough PE and aluminium in it to make a scrap metal dealer happy!

Everything included from the manufacturer ofcourse nothing added.

And this started in january so i'm good to go? :D

//Mats

Been digging through the stash for this one. I have one question though. Say I want to build a Heller Pinta model. But it doesn't come with material for rigging, would it be acceptable to add rigging or would it have to be left without it. I have other kits that due fit the bill though if that one won't.

Been digging through the stash for this one. I have one question though. Say I want to build a Heller Pinta model. But it doesn't come with material for rigging, would it be acceptable to add rigging or would it have to be left without it. I have other kits that due fit the bill though if that one won't.

From the IPMS rules

C. Construction. The modeler may fill seams and gaps; sand off rivets; drill out gun ports, exhaust pipes, or other appropriate openings; thin to scale such parts as trailing edges, flaps, and doors; re-scribe panel lines lost in construction; and add rigging and antennas.

Looks like rigging is OK. B)

Ryan, here is item C from the IPMS rules:

C. Construction. The modeler may fill seams and gaps; sand off rivets; drill out gun ports, exhaust pipes, or other appropriate openings; thin to scale such parts as trailing edges, flaps, and doors; re-scribe panel lines lost in construction; and add rigging and antennas.

There you go. :drinks

Edit: Beaten to it!

Back