• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Nerdling's 1/48 Tamiya F4U Birdcage Done!

Nerdling's 1/48 Tamiya F4U Birdcage

Now that Thanksgiving is finally over and I am all settled back in at home. I've had a chance to start working on this beastie. So far I've been able to build up the wings, cockpit, and the engine.

IMG_8340.JPG

First time wiring up an engine. Not perfect but I think it looks good.

IMG_8342.JPG

IMG_8341.JPG

Threw in about half of an Eduard Zoom set. I swear most of the stuff in these sets is just too small to even use.

that looks mighty sweet, Ryan. dang good engine.

Now that Thanksgiving is finally over and I am all settled back in at home. I've had a chance to start working on this beastie. So far I've been able to build up the wings, cockpit, and the engine.

IMG_8340.JPG

First time wiring up an engine. Not perfect but I think it looks good.

IMG_8342.JPG

IMG_8341.JPG

Threw in about half of an Eduard Zoom set. I swear most of the stuff in these sets is just too small to even use.

don't get me started with Eduards...you'd did a great job with the IP, looking swell here. :drinks

Good looking office, engine looking great Ryan, nice work!

Finally got her all buttoned up. Now to do some sanding and just a touch of putty work. Anybody have any idea if the cowl flaps would be interior green, zinc chromate, or natural metal?

IMG_0879.JPG

IMG_0880.JPG

IMG_0881.JPG

IMG_0553.JPG

It is going together great Bob. I was a little afraid that the wings were going to be a pain. But I just used some scrap plastic as supports for the seams. The weird part is the Vector cowl. I don't think I will end up using it. The directions would have you cut the front of the Tamiya cowl off. But I see no difference in the kit versus the resin. :idonno

They look good from here. (y)

Don't forget that cable between the cowls. :popcorn

Back