• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Nerdling's 1/48 Tamiya F4U Birdcage Done!

nerdling

Started this one monday night. Picked up some aftermarket goodies for it as well. Might still get the Vector cowl flaps :hmmm Think I'm going to go with the overall Sea Blue version since it is so odd. All I have done so far is a bit of priming so no photos of that yet.

IMG_8204.JPG

IMG_8206.JPG

IMG_8207.JPG

Nerdling's 1/48 Tamiya F4U Birdcage

Great start photo Ryan and neato subject. The overall GSB (think that's the term) was late war, why would this early one have that scheme, training bird?

I kinda like the light blue two tone..:hmmm

Great start photo Ryan and neato subject. The overall GSB (think that's the term) was late war, why would this early one have that scheme, training bird?

Yup it was a training plane in Florida. I will be doing one of the early blue grey birds also sometime soon. One of them has a pinup on one side and a sharkmouth on the other side. I'd never seen a corsair like that.

Get the Vector flaps, I have them for the same kit and I need a test monkey... :D

Looking forward to this as I am planning to build it as my first airplane kit.

Model on!

Tom

Yup it was a training plane in Florida. I will be doing one of the early blue grey birds also sometime soon. One of them has a pinup on one side and a sharkmouth on the other side. I'd never seen a corsair like that.

So Saul will only half like it? :rotf

BTW, I can add also about the Vector cowls, I used it on my build last year, they look great. I also did the engine but had a bit of an issue mounting it, mine sticks out a bit too far.

Well my Vector cowl showed up today. Every piece was broken off the pour stub. The cowl flaps were completely shattered as well :bang head :vmad

That sucks big time, they aren't packaged very well and I feel if I look at it
sideways it will break.

Hoping you can get a replacement... :zen

Tom

Don't let that slid, holler at them and get replacement, they are worth the effort!

Don't let that slid, holler at them and get replacement, they are worth the effort!

Oh I planned on it. Just annoying that somebody at Spruebrothers decided to cram them in a tiny corner of the box next to my new 1/48 Il-4. But it is also the only issue I have ever had with the brothers sprue.

Oh I planned on it. Just annoying that somebody at Spruebrothers decided to cram them in a tiny corner of the box next to my new 1/48 Il-4. But it is also the only issue I have ever had with the brothers sprue.

Yeah, most of my stuff comes individually bubble wrapped. Must have been the new guy's first day. :facepalm I bet they'll stand behind it.

Just had a chance to email Spruebrothers about the destroyed cowl. They responded back within 30 minutes and are shipping out a new one today (y) Gotta love their service.

Back