• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

NAM

How about the Viet Nam service ribbon? My entry is going to be an OH-13S used by the Aussies based at Nui Dat. Gary

h0b12bd2.png

h99fc01c.JPG

h022a4e9.JPG

h56dd021.JPG

he6c862f.JPG

Most of the tail boom is together.Gary

I was originally going to use metal rods to remake the tail boom. Too many bends and attachments. So I decided to thin down the parts with the back of a zacto blade. Still not finished. Hope I wasn't entering too soon. Gary
heb6827d.JPG

Most of the tail boom is together.
Gary

h94f9e4c.JPG

Most of the tailboom assembled. The engine is a little jewel. Making flight controls. Can this thread be moved to the Helicopter Campaign? Gary

So is my entry (H-13S)disqualified? After seeing all of the VN ref pics being posted I figured the game was on. Both the helicopter campaign and the Viet Nam campaign are near and dear to my heart. Gary

Gary I am sure you can find something else to do when it does start If youre anything like I am you will have a few dozen (Or hundred) unbuild kits of them :D

So is my entry (H-13S)disqualified? After seeing all of the VN ref pics being posted I figured the game was on. Both the helicopter campaign and the Viet Nam campaign are near and dear to my heart. Gary

I suggest messaging Bob (moon Puppy) on it, and blame me. if it happens, it's pretty much my fault anyhow
:dude

Not really. Wait a minute! I'm thinking this a few hrs. later mind you. I have a Mig-21 by Monogram/Revell. Not the best kit, but cheap like me. So all is not lost. I have NVA decals from yrs ago 25+, but spay them with decal spray and they should be good to go. I also have a 1980's F4-E and need info on back dating to a VN era bird. :drinks Gary

How about the Viet Nam service ribbon? My entry is going to be an OH-13S used by the Aussies based at Nui Dat. Gary

h0b12bd2.png

h99fc01c.JPG

h022a4e9.JPG

h56dd021.JPG

he6c862f.JPG

Most of the tail boom is together.Gary

I was originally going to use metal rods to remake the tail boom. Too many bends and attachments. So I decided to thin down the parts with the back of a zacto blade. Still not finished. Hope I wasn't entering too soon. Gary
heb6827d.JPG

Most of the tail boom is together.
Gary

Hey Gary, first the ribbon. We try to avoid using actual military ribbons without them being significantly altered.

You're Chopper is looking fine, I got one in the stash also. I was thinking the same thing about replacing the boom with brass rod but so many solder joints, I'd have to have one of those resistant soldering stations to target the joints and even then it'll be tricky.

Sorry, this campaign will not kick off till we migrate to the new site. Sorry, I do not have a date when that will happen, so much going on hard to work on the site right now.

Not a problem. Please see my edited earlier post. With 2 choppers in the works will I get an oak leave cluster on the helicopter ribbon? Back on the Nam ribbon, How about using the ribbon I suggested and write NAM on it? Gary

Not a problem. Please see my edited earlier post. With 2 choppers in the works will I get an oak leave cluster on the helicopter ribbon? Back on the Nam ribbon, How about using the ribbon I suggested and write NAM on it? Gary

Better yet: "The 'Nam 2016". That way we can have another Vietnam campaign in another year.

Damn! I missed this somehow? Sucks to be an old fart! you guys were nice enough to let me enter California Dreamer (the gun jeep) twice...

Regards,

Back