• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

NAM

Easy simple rule Anything from Vietnam War

I will go so far as to make difrent ribbons if you want them Thinking one each for Marines - Navy - Airforce - Army and VC and maybe just a plain one just to see if we can get some multible builds on one of my Favourite parts of History.

Just a thought... Shouldn't anyone entering promise to be building their entry whilst listening to Jimi Hendrix ('Voodoo Chile' is virtually compulsory), Jsfferson Airplane, CCR and The Doors...

Sorry. it's been a long day, I'm a little 'tired' if you know what I mean :gogo - You can have your thread back now, Dave.

Ian.
Paint it Black does it for me.

Easy simple rule Anything from Vietnam War

I will go so far as to make difrent ribbons if you want them Thinking one each for Marines - Navy - Airforce - Army and VC and maybe just a plain one just to see if we can get some multible builds on one of my Favourite parts of History.

I am THERE! Either an M-50A1 ONTOS or F4 Phantom "showtime 100" would work for me!!
I just got a cheap Ontos this week myself But my thinking is either an 1/35 Huey or maybe an Guntruck or an F4E in SEC

Well I do not have an ONTOS so if that is what you or someone else wanted to do then cool. Another possible set of subjects would be an A7-Corsair & a Spad/Skyraider, and also for the enemy side possibly a Mig 17 or 19 in VN Camo.

Alot of GREAT subjects there

I just started a UH-1H that served in Viet Nam and downed in Cambodia for the helicopter campaign. Can this build be included in a duel campaign? Gary

I think I might be able to scare something up for this one as well. I think I have a few more models left to build for this.

My work woulds be accompanied by "Gimme Shelter" by the Rolling Stones.

Hey I am so wanting to do this! I know I threw a few things out there, but I KNOW what I am going to get and build, regardless of the campaign....A-6A Intruder, loaded for bear!
:pilot
I loved the the book FLIGHT OF THE INTRUDER (movie sucked) :sick: so either way that is what I want to build, will likely see if I can find one at the IPMS Vendor fair in Columbia SC in a few weeks

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bn8WNF0rVLA

Hey I am so wanting to do this! I know I threw a few things out there, but I KNOW what I am going to get and build, regardless of the campaign....A-6A Intruder, loaded for bear!
I loved the the book FLIGHT OF THE INTRUDER (movie sucked) :sick: so either way that is what I want to build, will likely see if I can find one at the IPMS Vendor fair in Columbia SC in a few weeks.

What scale? If you're going for 1/72...do yourself a favor and find yourself a Fujimi kit (assuming they do an A). Much, much better than the Hasegawa kit. Moldings for the 1/72 Hasegawa are very basic ('70s tooling)...and have a split canopy (down the middle). :facepalm If you're doing 1/48, I can't offer much at this time, as I haven't researched into them too much myself yet.

A question. Is this campaign covering only the Vietnam War/Second Indochina War period 1955-1975 or will it also include the First Indochina War period 1946-1954?

Cheers,
Rich

I was thinking 1946 till Fall of Saigon but I am sure somebody can convince me if they want to do something for the Chinese invasion :pilot

I loved the the book FLIGHT OF THE INTRUDER (movie sucked) :sick: so either way that is what I want to build, will likely see if I can find one at the IPMS Vendor fair in Columbia SC in a few weeks.

What scale? If you're going for 1/72...do yourself a favor and find yourself a Fujimi kit (assuming they do an A). Much, much better than the Hasegawa kit. Moldings for the 1/72 Hasegawa are very basic ('70s tooling)...and have a split canopy (down the middle). :facepalm If you're doing 1/48, I can't offer much at this time, as I haven't researched into them too much myself yet.

1/72...Fujimi

1/72...Fujimi

It'll take a little bit of looking, as they've been out of production for a while, but the search will be worth it. The Italeri seems to be generally ranked as the 2nd best kit, with the Hasegawa bringing up the rear.

I still need to snag a KA-6D myself (already have an A-6E TRAM in the stash).

1/72...Fujimi

It'll take a little bit of looking, as they've been out of production for a while, but the search will be worth it. The Italeri seems to be generally ranked as the 2nd best kit, with the Hasegawa bringing up the rear.

I still need to snag a KA-6D myself (already have an A-6E TRAM in the stash).

Hmmm...you may be right and I may be forced to go Italeri, but I can go folded wings on that one so no worries

A-6Es were in service by the end of the war too.....just some food for thought. Just have to leave the TRAM turret off. ;)

Back