• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Moon Puppy's 75mm GMC M3 Halftrack

Well Bob it looks just fantastic (y) You know this halftrack could be the one on Kelly's Heros. Maybe those are the LT's clubs.

Great job!!!

Terry B)

Thanks Terry, your direction helped me figure out what to do. I tried a couple of different ways of making OD on the stowage and I think I like them all. Gives that variety like what Randy posted on his thread earlier.

Well Bob it looks just fantastic (y) You know this halftrack could be the one on Kelly's Heros. Maybe those are the LT's clubs.

Great job!!!

Terry B)

Terry,
Didn't the one on Kelly's Hero's have a 105 in/on it???
:hmmm :hmmm :hmmm :hmmm :hmmm :hmmm :idonno
It's been a while since I saw it, but I think it did?
Shawn

Nicely done Pup !!!

I think the golf bag is a Para jump bag ? , ......... anywho , ...... nice finish and overall coolness !!!

MOONIE,

This turned out Great !! Now all you gotta do is get it on a base with some Figures !! :D

ERIK

Funny you should say that...

gmc283.jpg

I was just horsing around yesterday when I did this. But starting next week, there will be no horsing around with the Well. B)

Glenn...it's a golf bag...:pp Guess it really doesn't belong in that mix, I got plenty of other stuff, just waiting on the paint to dry.

Thanks to everyone and your comments.

Gorgeous work..you are working on an increase in rank! Perhps wesould refer to yu as "SIR PUP":mpup

thritycaltransitbag_1_20101018_1675400063.jpg

I think the golf bag is a Para jump bag ?

I'm not sure if it was intended for jumping with but it is a 'Bag-Transit-.30cal' (water cooled). I have a few of those from old Verlinden sets as well and used one on my latest M2A1 H/T in winter camo. I think it fits here just fine.

B)

Moon, the track looks great, glad to see those stars a bit toned down as the last time they were a bit bright for my taste, now everything looks just right.

The only thing I might work on if it were mine would be to try and cut down on the shine I see in some pics, which (unless it's only the pics) is most likely caused by the oils. Maybe after it's dried for a few days or more, you could mist it all down with a flat coat. Then maybe get some earth toned pigments on the tires and running gear...

(y)

EDIT: oh and yeah the Kelly's Heros H/T had a 105 but it was also an International Harvester M5, Hollywood invented that one

You're right Ken, I have not called this done yet, more stowage is due and I'm going to fire off some dull coat to knock that shine off. Also want to test making some wet and dry oil spots but not sure where to put them, maybe around the drive sprocket.

If that bag is suppose to have a .30 cal water cooled machinegun, guess it really shouldn't be sitting on top of all that other stowage...I was just filling it in with something. I'll get it more worked out.

Alex, what's next, get the Yellow Wing done and I'm Movin' On with some Redball Express....

It's looking awesome, my friend! Well done, so far! Clear liquids look the same? Need to keep the Mason jar over by the recliner!:D

It's looking awesome, my friend! Well done, so far! Clear liquids look the same? Need to keep the Mason jar over by the recliner!:D

What Mason jar...whach'all worried about some Mason jar 'round here, dang folks askin' bout mason jars, make someone thing they Revenuers or somedin'. :gogo

OK I don't use Mason jars, I use shot glasses. If you ever had come down here to check it out you'd know it! :mpup

Plotting ? :eek:hmy: Certainly not. I'm only a lurker... :huh: Looked at the map and couldn't tell exactly how far you have to go before you fall off the Earth. :(

Back