• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

MoJo?

moon puppy

Administrator
Staff member
Where did I put it? :zen

I never should have cleaned up the shop. Can't find it anywhere, lost with the Spitfire decals I bet.

:zen :zen

There's been random reports of lost Mojo around here lately. How do you spark it again?

;) Know exactly what you mean 'PUP.
I regularly loose mine at least twice a year - usually after finishing a long project that sparked me up from a previous Mojo loss.
I always get out my favourite books , watch a few films or doco's and start a project that I always wanted to do - then once I get the Mojo back, I return to the previous unfinished project and finish it. A bit 'hap hazard' I know, but with work / family / sport/ hobbies all trying to get a piece of my time, it's the only way that I can keep going these days.

Ian.

I know someone else who seasonally loses his MoJo... not I. I simply suffer from ADD.

Regards,

I have had an whole year of Mojolessness

Started with an extremely hot summer where I was forced not to be able to do anything and it just did not come back and stay. :(

It feels as if it might be decipating though and I have found my self more and more at the bench. I have asked Santa for an A/C for this coming summer.

Well, I hope yours comes back quicker than mine did, I lost mine almost three years ago and only recently got it back again !

Sit down have a few beers, watch some doco's on classic aircraft, this should start a spark, and after an intensive build, do an OOB simple fun kit, preferably an opposite of what your last was - if Allied - go Axis etc.

Leave the bench alone during the day, do whatever you have put off, then sit down at night after going through your stash and start a build that jumps out at you.

Build a kit YOU want to, not one you HAVE to.

You havn't lost your MOJO- you have burned out- STOP. Don't read books devoted or related to models, don't look at your kits, mess with your tools or even read our posts for a week. Step away.

I'm hitting a complete dead end too- after a decade of not building I came back and finished some really nice things but after last OCT I have seen my quality and my enthusiasm hit rock bottom- your living it as well though you may not be aware... step back Bob, I have seen this happen to guys in the trades too, take a vacation before boredom turns to dislike.

Take down the Christmas stuff, paint the dog house, read a book with out pictures of military vehicles or better something not applying to history at all. Do something different-

Lack of Mojo is a pretty common issue, and even when i do have my Mojo going, I tend to suffer from a severe lack of motivation, so in the end, I tend to not get a whole lot of modeling done.

Might just be all the silver ducting keeping you from getting around like you need to. Just disconnect man. May the force be with you ! :yipee

Well...after being called into work to drive 16 miles to push a button...I finally found my way to the garage. Found the Mojo, left it under the work bench. Seems when I added the tilt top back to the drawing table, I left it there. I took the wheels off the table, it dropped it about 4 inches. I sat down and all was right in the world again.

Sanding the antenna for the Mustang..:pilot

I had to knuckle down with the White-Out, sanding sticks, scriber and Dymo tape to find mine again. Made some custom acetate templates and am getting the final polish on the surfaces of the 388. Lookin' like a plane!

You being from GA I bet you heard the best football joke ever.
Punchline: "than dawg would bite youuuu!!!" :mpup

Well Bob, that's normal thing...
please don't become like me, builds once a year... :vmad
I'll do my best to change that this next year :fencing

Mojo forever... :yipee

Back