• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Meng French FT-17

This is coming along nicely. I like the work you did on the interior. Look forward to seeing the figures added and the vignette completed.

Cheers,
James

Thanks guys!

Oh yeah John...have barely begun work on the tracks yet other than the first wash. Working on the main body first and then once I sort out what I'm doing with the base, I'll blend it all together.

Thanks James- plenty to do with that as well...need to get an idea of what I'm doing first.

And don't be uniform about it, either!

Ok...coming down to this step next....is there a secret to this? Just randomize it you're saying, correct? Obviously, any track surface that'll rub on rocks and the like will lose the dirt.and such....

Working on other weathering...will get to the tracks ;)
IMG_20180524_194808.jpg

IMG_20180524_194836.jpg

IMG_20180524_194922.jpg

Thanks guys! Started work on the base. The bike courier will be on the lower part-time the road. Tank will be in front of the tracks I've put into the clay. I had 8 extra track links in the kit so I assembled them and used them to put the tracks into the clay.

Barb wire is scratchbuilt from three thin strands of wire...and the posts they'll be fed through is a paper clip.

IMG_20180606_170131.jpg

IMG_20180606_170152.jpg

Very cool!
-
In New York State there is an excellent place called Old Rhinebeck Aerodrome that has an American copy for the French FT... it's an M1917. A bit different than yours, but its worth a look for inspiration. I saw on Facebook they were overhauling it, so they had a few pictures of it disassembled (good modeling reference!)

Thanks everyone!

Yes- been there a couple times and saw it driving around ;) Fun thing to watch...I ought to get back there...it's been a while and it's not too far ;)

So I worked on the base ground work...used some old but still pliable Apoxie Sculpt for the lower road, but after a week, it still hasn't hardened up...so- should I rip it all up and start fresh or just paint over it?
h90dcd76.jpg

Ok...got a new batch and started over. Got everything painted and some vegetation down. Figuring out placement of figures now...

IMG_20180619_172658.jpg

IMG_20180619_172634.jpg

IMG_20180619_172615.jpg

You're going to need a lot more mud on that bike if it's gone through that slick muck like that. Nice start.

Back