• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Meet the Fokkers!

Alex I don't want you to stop posting. I also built this very same model and already yours surpasses mine. I'm certain you'll do far better on the rigging than I did. I really want to see yours done so don't stop. Paul's work makes mine look like toys too; but I'm still plugging along knowing I'll never measure up. Keep practicing as I have seen a tremendous improvement on your models over those you did when you first started. It just takes time. After all, you have the benefit of these Forums to help; I didn't so all the improvement you've done over the last year or so took me over 20 years to achieve. You can do this.

Don't leave me hanging, keep posting your work.

I will Ditto Most of what Mark just said Alex. (Duke Maddog) It is good to see your improvements and you have improved over the last year. A lot of us strive to do better and a lot of my slow building is contemplating just "how" to do things best. There is a whole lot of ponder before the doing believe me.

Hey guys

Thanks for your words. I was being melodramatic (Italian/Brazilian, what would you expect). I look up to you guys and I am learning so much in such a short time. I have absolutely no Intention of giving up and I will Keep pesturing you with my builds and threads in the future!

That being said, number 3 is ready. I am proud, it turned out great for an OOB of a kit without much Quality. The rigging went much smoother this time around, maybe I am getting the hang of it!

This is the Fokker E.III Eindecker 105/S from Jasta 2 piloted by Ernst Udet.
Model Revell 1/72 OOB, Vallejo Acrylics and Ammo of Mig weathering.

Cheers

Alex

h4dad75f.JPG

h9513a24.JPG

h9513a24_2017-08-10.JPG

he8ed796.JPG

h4ad2e3d.JPG

h5751f02.JPG

h949a2d5.JPG

h31716b9.JPG

Wow! Your rigging turned out significantly better than mine did on the same model. What did you use to rig yours?

Well done Alex! :notworthy

Wow! Your rigging turned out significantly better than mine did on the same model. What did you use to rig yours?

Well done Alex! :notworthy

Thank you Mark, very Kind of you as always.

I used a suture thread called Prolene 6-0, made of Polypropylen. The needle is only 0,3mm (3/8) thick and atraumatic, so it can thread perfectliy in small drilled holes. Or in blood vessels, which is what this thread is originally designed for! :v

Cheers

Alex

Back