• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Meet the Fokkers!

Alex, beautiful vacation spot. Way to go.

As for the Fokker, you're bringin' back memories. I did build one before for a game. I'm still working on two more aircraft that aren't Fokkers for the same game. They got stalled as of now.

I'll be watching this closely.

Thanks everyone

Now it is ready. I think I never swore so much as with this wiring. It would snap, not fit, break the glue...I almost nuked the plane twice in Frustration.

This is it, a few more weathering and we'r off to the second one, a Dr.I

Cheers

Alex

hf24b2a3.JPG

h1601979.JPG

h79c92df.JPG

h4f2f75e.JPG

h515ebf0.JPG

h2cfd96a.JPG

hacbf9f9.JPG

hf6ffc4c.JPG

Great job Alex, very complex rigging on this string bag. Can't imaging this thing being the scourge of anyone.

(y)

You made a good save Alex, the Eindeker turned out pretty good! (y) Rigging these old birds can always be a challenge and yu did very well for your first WWI foray!

:popcorn :drinks
well i have to congratulate you just on rigging a 1/72 scale plane, let alone the nice model you've done. Can't wait to see the others.

Ian

Thanks everyone, I appreciate your comments!

Indeed Christian is right: this airplane is the scourge of modelers that try to rig it!

I do have a Special Connection with this plane, since it was one of the first ones I assembled. I must have been 6 or 7 years old, models were hard to come by in Brazil (only a few Revell license-built by a Company called "Kikoler". This was the box, I never Forget when I got it from my father...

head007b.jpg

BUt it is time to move on to the next challenge. Here is the Fokker F.1 from Eduard, with quite a few PE Details. Very interesting and also very Little! The Cockpit is very Detailed (inasmuch WWI airplanes had Details) and astoundingly I could assemble it easily.

Progress so far:

h8c0e0ed.JPG

h2d84e75.JPG

hc5c7b44.JPG

haf0060c.JPG

h22192ab.JPG

Cheers

Alex

Hi everyone,

As I mentioned on my other post (Starfighters), I Need to get going if I want all These Projects to get eventually done someday. Here is the Progress with this second Fokker. Maybe time to get the Diorama base also going, right?

Little feisty bugger this one. Not so easy to get joined, the Cockpit was a bit of a hassle, but eventually all turned out for the best.

Cheers

Alex

ha0961e6.JPG

h7462984.JPG

h1a719aa.JPG

h5fe92a9.JPG

hfdd0846.JPG

hf0232e3.JPG

hfa55098.JPG

h718706d.JPG

h4fc1830.JPG

Hello all,

I guess this campaign is not attracting much interest, or my models are THAT bad.

In any case, I will fast Forward here. This is Number 2 completed.

Fokker F.1 103/17 from Jasta 2 flown by Ulrich Voss.

Eduard 1/72 with Eduard PE. Acrylics Vallejo, Weathering Ammo of Mig.
Base is scratch built, Figures CMK 1/72

Cheers

Alex

h45209dd.JPG

h8589adc.JPG

h9f157b8.JPG

h993e0d7.JPG

h20c65c8.JPG

h57b7a5b.JPG

hd785c41.JPG

h15cf9b8.JPG

he70d906.JPG

ha1d3cdc.JPG

And here is the third one.

A Fokker E.III Eindecker piloted by Ernst Udet himself.

This is a Revell 1/72 OOB, so no Details this time.

Cheers

Alex

h33c6544.JPG

hd2dc39d.JPG

hcfdf7cf.JPG

h14dd73b.JPG

Thanks everyone.

After seeing Paul's thread though I feel I should stop posting... Still, These are 1/72 so a bit of a challenge themselves.

Here is the Fokker E.III with the Decals. I do like the colourful decals in this Hemp base. Now on to rigging, which is, as Christian said, the real scourge.

Cheers

Alex

hdd8df5f.JPG

haf91ae4.JPG

h09ace30.JPG

h9ac25fd.JPG

heb53498.JPG

h9e35661.JPG

Very nice Alex . The paint is slick and I can't see any seam lines on the fuselage (y) (y) (y)

Cheers, Christian B)

Back