• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

MARDER III

What I'm doing is really just shading the weathering will come later, but that being said the whole process is about layers. Ok so here we go.

Step one I paint everything black. (Tamiya Nato Black) By the way I use Tamiya paint so if you don't well....

DSC04075.JPG

DSC04076.JPG

Next I spay a light coat of dark grey (two parts German Grey and one part Nato Black.

DSC04077.JPG

Then straight German grey paying attention to panels and upper surfaces.

DSC04079.JPG

Next shading with two parts German Grey and one part Medium Blue.

DSC04080.JPG

Then adding a few drops of Light grey to the above mixture to highlight the upper areas.

DSC04081.JPG

DSC04082.JPG

With a brush I highlighted the rivets and other raised areas.

DSC04083.JPG

Now everything looks way too light for Panzer grey, but have no fear the wash is here. I make a wash using oil paints (blue and Black) mixed with mineral spirits. The mineral spirits thins the oil paint and dries fast. You can make the wash as think or as thin as you want depending on how much color you want, but remember you just want to tint the paint you have already applied not to cover it. This wash will darken everything down. WARNING DO NOT USE THIS WASH ON OIL BASED PAINTS ONLY ON ACYLIC PAINTS!

DSC04084.JPG

DSC04085.JPG

When this is dry I went back over it to re-highlight some upper surfaces. I did this with the airbrush and a paint brush. Here's how it came out.

DSC04087.JPG

DSC04088.JPG

DSC04089.JPG

DSC04090.JPG

Keep in mind this is just really the base paint with more tinting and weathering to follow. Once the upper hull is painted I will cover the model with future and apply the decals. So stay with me.

B)

Excellent SBS Terry, timely also. I think I got bored with my halftrack because it was just grey. I'm going to try this on the Karl.

That answers that thank you . everything else is so nice I didn't understand the tone. Now it's all crystal clear. Also it's a great sbs.

Back