• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

M51 ISHERMAN "THE LOST BUILD"

That is another magnificent masterpiece you did Terry. I would have expected nothing less from you as this is exactly the high standard I expect from you. I don't know why some others on those other Forums would not like you. Having met you in person, I consider you to be one of the top people I've ever met from any Forums.

Once again, I bow to the Master. :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy

That is another magnificent masterpiece you did Terry. I would have expected nothing less from you as this is exactly the high standard I expect from you. I don't know why some others on those other Forums would not like you. Having met you in person, I consider you to be one of the top people I've ever met from any Forums.

Once again, I bow to the Master. :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy

Thanks Duke! Maybe I hang out with the wrong crowd? :rotf

B)

The turret continued....

dsc08841.jpg

dsc08842.jpg

dsc08843.jpg

dsc08845.jpg

dsc08847.jpg

dsc08848.jpg

dsc08849.jpg

dsc08850.jpg

dsc08851.jpg

dsc08852.jpg

B)

That looks great Terry, :good: What did you use for the IDF sand?

Well pinning down just what color it is now that's the real question because it looks different in different lights and angles, but it is in general a grayish tan with some green tint. I got to my color with a process of different colors and shading. The base paint was Khaki Drab from Tamiya this was used the create the shadows. Next applied thin coats of Model Master Isreali Armored Sand enamel to gradually lightening up model surface to get to the basic color. The shading and modulation was done using Tamiya Dark Yellow with a touch of Buff adding a little more each time to highlight the upper surfaces. The next step as to add a oil wash of olive green mixed with a little cadium yellow. The after that the dry brushing.

A little more complicated then you were expecting. You could us the Model Master Isreali Armored Sand as the base and be in good shape.

B)

Nice work Terry. Every time I see this tank I wonder what Patton could have done with this bad boy. :soldier

WOW .... Thanks for the SBS ... Terry whoever didn't like this was a Green-eyed Monster ... I've ran into folks like this ... Makes Me want to go back to not modeling ... Your work is a true inspiration ... to build this way ... I'm not worthy ... but Hope one day to be ... (y) (y) (y)

Back