• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

M4A3(76)

Not finding much time to do this.Worked on the turret some and then used Mr Surfacer 500 to give it a casting look.

If you decide to model Flanders, note that this is an early T-23 turret with the lift loop on the left side (just visible ahead of the open hatch's shadow). The lift loop is on the turret sprue and marked not for use. I have a spare but you can probably make it yourself.

Regards,

Okay I see it in the link you sent. Will remember that. Also have to build a shelf on the glacis. I ordered those markings same day. Might be painted when they get here....maybe.... :idonno
Thanks for pointing that one out Saul.

James

Not finding much time to do this.Worked on the turret some and then used Mr Surfacer 500 to give it a casting look.

DSC02644.JPG

DSC02643.JPG

James

James, don't worry, you'll have time. I won't start this until several guys have what they need. The only advice I would give you is to spray the base coat with an acrylic olive drab, so it can be weathered sooner.

Bob

Okay couldnt sleep so primed turret in Vallejo primer. Then shot it this morning with vallejo Olive Drab. Added a few drops of vallejo thinner to the paint and it flowed even better. Still have to get a hook for the turret.Still some more work on the hull. And still have to receive the markings. Getting there slowly.

DSC02645.JPG

James

James I got the exact same kit in the stash and thinking of doing it for our class project. Thinking of doing it all buttoned up like you have,how quickly does it go together? Anything I need to watch out for?

James I got the exact same kit in the stash and thinking of doing it for our class project. Thinking of doing it all buttoned up like you have,how quickly does it go together? Anything I need to watch out for?

It goes together very quickly. You either have to be a Shermaholic or find pics of the tank your making as there are options that arent readily apparent. The bogies took me a long time to puzzle out. I finally found a pic and chose an option. The one I'm doing needs another hook which Saul told me about. The barrel I figured out fro pictures. Otherwise its very easy.
James

hmm...not sure I really want to do a specific tank, guess I'll go OOB just to get the class room material. (y)

The one I'm doing needs another hook which Saul told me about.

James, if you need the loop, say so. I can have it in the mail tomorrow. However, it shouldn't take you more than a few minutes to make:

Click the link to see more details you need not add.

:D

Regards,

Thanks Saul. I think I should be good.Appreciate the great picture. That will help a lot.
James

Okay Primer on. Tomorrow maybe I can get the OD. Then wait for markings. If I was smart I would have waited to glue on the bogeys. Live and learn I guess.

DSC02648.JPG

Got the lift ring on too.
James

James,

Maybe I missed it. What kind of paint did you use, not for the primer, but for the basecoat?

Just curious!

Bob

The base coat is Vallejo Russian Green Primer. http://store.spruebrothers.com/vallejo-surface-primer---russian-green-17ml-70609-p29226.aspx
I'll spray on Vallejo OD tomorrow. I thought this would be a better primer than white.
James

After I get this all painted up I'm free to mark it? Or is there some pre weathering you do before the markings? Getting more excited. Even got another kit almost done while waiting for this one to dry. On a roll :D
James

After I get this all painted up I'm free to mark it? Or is there some pre weathering you do before the markings? Getting more excited. Even got another kit almost done while waiting for this one to dry. On a roll :D
James

Sure thing! Are you using dry transfers or decals?

I'm glad you're excited, I'm hoping this will help you as much as possible as well as all who participate, otherwise, why do it?

I'm leaving day after tomorrow, friday, to visit my daughter this weekend, so I will probably post the first step on monday evening. I plan on going slow so that everybody who is interested can easily follow.

BTW, James, I looked your location up on google. OMG, you live in the middle of nowhere! I couldn't even find any large cities anywhere near you. Is that right? No wonder you were concerned about finding materials! Is there an art store in Cold Lake?

Bob

Back