• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

M4 (early) * * F I N I S H E D * *

M4 (early) - Stowage

Thanks Tony - means a lot coming from you. If you (or anybody else reading this thread), can point me in right the direction so I can get something that looks more... 'appropriate', I'd be really grateful.

Ian

M4 (early) - Stowage

Thanks Tony - means a lot coming from you. If you (or anybody else reading this thread), can point me in right the direction so I can get something that looks more... 'appropriate', I'd be really grateful.

Ian

Check out the ship department of your local hobby shop,Ian.There is a good chance you might find something appropriate there.(well ofcourse IF there is a ship department there)

Greetings,Ron.

M4 (early) - Stowage

All you need is some carpet thread, Ian- look in the fabric dept of your local store. Before you tie/glue it to the model. run it over a bit of an old wax candle or some such- that will slick down all the fuzz. Nice Sherman, Mr. Peabody! :laugh:

M4 (early) - Stowage

Check out the ship department of your local hobby shop,Ian.There is a good chance you might find something appropriate there.(well ofcourse IF there is a ship department there)

'Dude, we don't got no steenking Hobby Shop here' (Can't remember the movie but it was a Hispanic actor/accent) :idonno - But I appreciate the idea, cheers Ron.

Ian

M4 (early) - Stowage

All you need is some carpet thread, Ian- look in the fabric dept of your local store. Before you tie/glue it to the model. run it over a bit of an old wax candle or some such- that will slick down all the fuzz. Nice Sherman, Mr. Peabody! :laugh:

We do have a few fabric stores, Chuk I'll give them a go. I use CA glue on the ends to arrest the fraying, but I'll give your idea a go aswell. Thanks for that.

Ian

M4 (early) - Stowage

'Dude, we don't got no steenking Hobby Shop here' (Can't remember the movie but it was a Hispanic actor/accent) :idonno - But I appreciate the idea, cheers Ron.

Ian

Cheech and Chong up in a smoking LHS? :D

M4 (early) - Stowage

Ian

The great movie, Treasure of the Sierra Madre

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VqomZQMZQCQ

or...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TFwprS_L6tg

:coolio

now expect Blazing Saddles Quote hijack...

Have to say, if it wasn’t for our very own Mr. T and his Sherman build of a few weeks ago, I would never have opened the box – so sincerely, thank-you Terry for the inspiration. Like my MiG 17 from back in October, I enjoyed every moment of this build, I learned that I could do ‘texturing’ and made some progress on how to manipulate pastels and filters, (still got a long way to go on those disciplines), but most of all…

…I had a shed-load of fun doing it !!

I’ve cleared and cleaned my workbench, and for the next few weeks, my Fw190 is going to get my undivided attention – I’ve fallen-out with the Eduard 109E for the moment !!. Thanks all, as ever for taking the time to look and or comment. Happy to take any and all comments, questions and criticism.

More pics in the 'Completed' section.

Ian

Have to say, if it wasn’t for our very own Mr. T and his Sherman build of a few weeks ago, I would never have opened the box – so sincerely, thank-you Terry for the inspiration. Like my MiG 17 from back in October, I enjoyed every moment of this build, I learned that I could do ‘texturing’ and made some progress on how to manipulate pastels and filters, (still got a long way to go on those disciplines), but most of all…

…I had a shed-load of fun doing it !!

I’ve cleared and cleaned my workbench, and for the next few weeks, my Fw190 is going to get my undivided attention – I’ve fallen-out with the Eduard 109E for the moment !!. Thanks all, as ever for taking the time to look and or comment. Happy to take any and all comments, questions and criticism.

More pics in the 'Completed' section.

Ian

"HSSSS...You're journey to the dark side is nearly complete....HSSSS....Feel the power of the Force....HSSSS"

h01ace89.jpg

I'm humbled to think I inspire anyone.

Terry
:blush:

Back