• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

M4 (early) * * F I N I S H E D * *

M4 (early) - Lots of progress

Looks good so far! If you want to bring out more details you could add a overall oil wash of olive green mixed with a really dark brown.

Terry B)

Looks good so far! If you want to bring out more details you could add a overall oil wash of olive green mixed with a really dark brown.

Terry B)

Thanks all, really encouraging feedback. Terry I'll be adding a couple of washes a little dry brushing and some pigments in the same way as I did my StuG from a few months back.

Hoping to make it look used but not 'traumatised' if you know what I mean !!

Stay tuned.

Ian

DEcals went on this morning without problem. Next I'll get the tools on (probably this evening) then start with the first wash tomorrow.

Ian

M4 (early) - Weathering

As this update is 'photo heavy' I thought I'd do it a little differently. (Stick with me... :geek )

The first two pics are where I started this morning - Paint on (slightly faded with light dry-brushing) and smart, shiny decals. I'll then post four 'stages' of each view taken from roughly the same angle each time.

Stage 1 (will show) The first 'dark brown' oil wash.

stage 2 The oil dots.

Stage 3 The oil dots blended.

Stage 4 The first pastel run.

Stage 5 The second pastel run and 'reverse dry-brushing'

Hopefully it will be better with pics than my poor penmanship describes !!

Ian

M4 (early) - Weathering

Right glacis close up:

There are more photos but I think I've conveyed the idea - I'm sure you'll tell me if I haven't. So after around three and a half hours I've gone from 'nearly new' to 'seen a bit of action, and been left out in the rain'... Pretty-much where I wanted to be.

Lots more to do, stay tuned and please feel free to comment and/or critisise.

Ian

M4 (early) - Weathering

Hey folks.... Took a break for a couple of weeks, but started again yesterday. Started mounting the stowage and experimenting with tie-down ropes.... I WILL NOT be using the ones in the pics they're simply too 'hairy' and too thick.

As per the last post, these views continue to illustrate how the build is progressing. Here's a couple more just to get the idea of the stowage - still got a few items to add, mainly bedrolls, spare tracks and small arms, not to mention a very colourful aircraft ID panel !!

As ever thanks for looking and please feel free to comment, question and critisise. With a bit of luck and a following wind I may get this completed before Xmas.

AFN

Ian

Back