• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

M2 Halftrack...rotting in the woods

Thank you thank you! I got my rust fix...Hey Rob, might want to look at the moss along the fuel tank, looks too uniformed, almost like a row of potted plants. At least to me it looks like that. Not sure if you need more or less to get the effect you're going for.

Thanks MP, and glad you got your fix LOL; The green stuff along the tank and fender is still wet. I have to let that dry before adding or fixing the look. If you try to move, add or correct when it's still wet, you end removing too much. I learned from my mistake, so now I'll let it dry then apply some thinned white glue to hold and flaten the green stuff. Just playing around trying new things, so please hang in there.
Rob

AH, I see said the blind guy..the glue should pull it in some. I'll be in the corner watching with great interest.

Really great job Rob,

I love destroyed and abandoned vehicles, they have so much more character and are a hoot to build!(y) (y)

Thank you Bob and Jose for the great comment/feedback. Bob I agree with you, doing wrecks and rusted vehicles are more of a challenge, but best of all it's fun.

OK, going on some advice and a very good one, I've experimented with making mushrooms. After talking to Tony Lee on the subject ( his advice/suggestion) I went ahead and did some test shrooms. Basically all I did was stretch some sprue, then heated the end with a lighter...and that's it. Here are the pics, let me know what you think (Tony).

mushroom001.jpg

mushroom002.jpg

mushroom003.jpg

mushroom004.jpg

Cheers
Rob

Keeps getting worser and worser, which of course is better and better. Very nice work.
James

I did some test shrooms one night and woke up with this weird tattoo...oh...wait, better wait till I can see whacha got Rob.

:mpup

Looks about right and you might make a couple of smaller ones that are coming up around the base of the big one. A ivory color for the youngsters.(y)

:D
Tony lee

B) B) B) B)

Fantastic work Rob. This is such a superb work of art that I am not sure what else to say. The rust is spot on and your scratch work has really acentuated the model's character.

Ian.

Back