• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

M2 Halftrack...rotting in the woods

Hi all, been a while eh. I've been busy working on a HT that got started by Ken A. sending me a few pics of a rusty old HT with lots of green moss and other green stuff on it. I then started collecting as much ref pics of HT's that I could find.
Anyhow, the kit used was a Dragon M4 HT and I built it as an M2 because I liked the look of the winch on the front bumper. I also chose to have the motor visible which required me to do a lot of detailing in that area, which I think paid off in the end.
Here are a couple of build pics and some with the paint/rust and weathering started. Still needs a lot of work and of course a base.

M2body001.jpg

M2body002.jpg

M2primer001.jpg

greenslime006.jpg

greenslime001.jpg

weathering-slime010.jpg

greenslime002.jpg

greenslime005.jpg

Slow but steady progress on this baby. More to come.

Rob
www.scratchmod.com

What a wasted shame.:( I thought they were supposed to beat their swords into plow-shares?:D

Wonderful Rob(y)
Tony lee

Another stellar piece of crap !!!

I do mean that in the best of terms !!! , .......... every time you junk something up it just looks sooooo real !!!

ROB,

Rock On !! Great Stuff !! It looks like it's been in th Mossy Plains ! Reminds Me of the Georgia Pine .... I love th Smell of Damp Rust on a Per-Dawn Summer Morning !!

ERIK

Thanks Erik, sorry I didn't get to make the show and meet you guys in person. Maybe next time it rolls this way.
Bob in due time bro, got a JS-3 on the bench as well. The HT weathering needs time to dry before I continue so the down time is spent on the JS-3

Rob

Hey Erik will you be at AMPS East ??? Would be great if you could make it. Don't know if you've been before but it's a great show. And it's a two day show again this year. I'll be there with the rest of the AMPS Nordland crew. I'll also be donating my Sherman to the raffle this year. The Shermie with the fence behind it.
Cheers
Rob

I'm really hoping/& trying to get up there, since I won't be able to make th trek out to Auburn for Next years Nats. I've never been to AMPSEAST, but a few of th Guys from AMPSCV have gone up there. Your'e right. It looks like an Awesome Show.

WoW ! You can Donate built models for th raffle. That's cool !!

Back